Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: High-octane Calvary calls on Richwood
- 2013 - 800 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- September 30th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- September 27th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- September 25th, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- September 24th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- September 23rd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 8 articles
- September 22nd, 2008 (Monday) - 4 articles
- September 20th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- September 18th, 2008 (Thursday) - 11 articles
- September 17th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 21 articles
- September 16th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 9 articles
- September 15th, 2008 (Monday) - 2 articles
- September 14th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- September 12th, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- September 11th, 2008 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- September 10th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- September 9th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- September 8th, 2008 (Monday) - 10 articles
- September 5th, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- September 4th, 2008 (Thursday) - 9 articles
- September 3rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 21 articles
- September 2nd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- September 1st, 2008 (Monday) - 8 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|High-octane Calvary calls on Richwood|
The Richwood Rams will tee it up with one of the top teams in Class 2A when the Calvary Baptist Cavaliers pay a visit to Ouachita Parish Friday night.
Calvary's high-octane passing attack is a concern for the Rams. It should be; Calvary has lit up scoreboards all over the state for the past four years.
"They do a real good job with their talent," Richwood coach Warren Trimble said. "They can score points so it will be a challenge for our defense."
On offense, penalties and dropped passes were a problem for the Rams in their 31-28 loss to Ouachita in week one of the 2008 season, a game scheduled at the last minute as Hurricane Gustav disrupted schedules for high school football teams all over Louisiana.
For the Richwood coaching staff, it's important to them that the Rams cut down on their infractions while doing a better job of holding on to the ball.
"We need to cut down on mistakes," Trimble said. "I think we are getting to a point now where we need to polish up on our personnel."
While primarily known as a passing team, Calvary can run the ball, too, behind a very physical offensive line.
Trimble thinks Calvary does many things well. He says it is up to the Richwood coaches and players to make right decisions when facing the Cavaliers Friday night.
Kickoff at Rams Stadium is scheduled for 7 p.m.