Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Moore, Trichell lead Mustangs over Riverfield
- 2013 - 800 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- September 30th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- September 27th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- September 25th, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- September 24th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- September 23rd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 8 articles
- September 22nd, 2008 (Monday) - 4 articles
- September 20th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- September 18th, 2008 (Thursday) - 11 articles
- September 17th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 21 articles
- September 16th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 9 articles
- September 15th, 2008 (Monday) - 2 articles
- September 14th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- September 12th, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- September 11th, 2008 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- September 10th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- September 9th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- September 8th, 2008 (Monday) - 10 articles
- September 5th, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- September 4th, 2008 (Thursday) - 9 articles
- September 3rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 21 articles
- September 2nd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- September 1st, 2008 (Monday) - 8 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Moore, Trichell lead Mustangs over Riverfield|
Paced by another strong performance from quarterback Cody Trichell at quarterback and a running attack led by Vince Moore, River Oaks pounded Riverfield 19-6 Saturday in Mississippi Private School Association action.
A capacity crowd at Woody Boyles Stadium looked on as the Mustangs improved to 2-1 on the 2008 season and defeated their arch-district rival for the first time in two seasons.
Trichell found John Rockett for a 10-yard touchdown pass in the first quarter that set the pace for what would be a blitz to the finish line by the Mustangs.
Moore had a hand in setting up River Oaks for another score moments later following an 80-yard run. The sprint by Moore set up Trichell's quick punch from 1-yard out to put River Oaks on top, 13-0.
"Cody (Trichell) ran the ball and threw the ball real well," River Oaks head coach Robert Hannah said. "(Vincent) Moore was real good running the football for us."
A defensive battle ensued for two periods until Riverfield revived it offense and got back into the contest with an 89-yard run by Brad Rogers, whose score left the Raiders behind, 13-6.
Moments later Trichell put the game in the bag for River Oakes with a 73-yard sprint to pay dirt.
Trichell finished the game with 101 yards on 16 carries. The senior quarterback also completed 7-of-11 pass attempts for 57 yards.
Moore was not only a compliment running the ball but catching as well. Moore caught four passes for 31 yards for the Mustangs.
"We did a good job of intensity on defense," Hannah said. "We need to continue to play with that type of intensity."