Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: State police superintendent to speak at Rotary Club
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- September 30th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- September 27th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- September 25th, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- September 24th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- September 23rd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 8 articles
- September 22nd, 2008 (Monday) - 4 articles
- September 20th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- September 18th, 2008 (Thursday) - 11 articles
- September 17th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 21 articles
- September 16th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 9 articles
- September 15th, 2008 (Monday) - 2 articles
- September 14th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- September 12th, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- September 11th, 2008 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- September 10th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- September 9th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- September 8th, 2008 (Monday) - 10 articles
- September 5th, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- September 4th, 2008 (Thursday) - 9 articles
- September 3rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 21 articles
- September 2nd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- September 1st, 2008 (Monday) - 8 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|State police superintendent to speak at Rotary Club|
Louisiana State Police Superintendent Col. Michael Edmonson will be the Monroe Rotary Club's featured speaker Thursday, Sept. 11 at the Monroe Civic Center.
Barry Delcambre, Rotary Club's program chair, said Edmonson is expected to talk about the devastation caused by Hurricane Gustav and the state's recovery efforts in the aftermath.
Edmonson was one of several state officials who visited with local leaders Wednesday along with Gov. Bobby Jindal.
Jindal, Edmonson and other state officials toured northeast Louisiana Wednesday to see the damage caused by Gustav when it reached the region.
Jindal has asked President Bush to issue an emergency declaration for all 64 parishes. Several north Louisiana parishes, and some south Louisiana parishes were not included in Bush's original emergency declaration.
Unless these parishes are declared a federal disaster area, local governments and non-profit agencies cannot recoup money spent providing shelter to evacuees. They also will not be able to be reimbursed for any storm damage repairs.
Delcambre said all Ouachita Parish police and fire chiefs have been invited to attend the meeting.
Edmonson was promoted to superintendent of State Police in January 2008.
Edmonson has been a member of the State Police since 1981. His previous responsibilities included supervision of the State Police Training Academy and the Joint Emergency Services Training Center.
He has more than 27 years of law enforcement experience; a bachelor's of criminal justice degree from LSU, and he's a graduate of the FBI National Academy.