Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Chiefs travel to Pineville Friday; Sterlington on road to 3A Caldwell
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- September 30th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- September 27th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- September 25th, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- September 24th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- September 23rd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 8 articles
- September 22nd, 2008 (Monday) - 4 articles
- September 20th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- September 18th, 2008 (Thursday) - 11 articles
- September 17th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 21 articles
- September 16th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 9 articles
- September 15th, 2008 (Monday) - 2 articles
- September 14th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- September 12th, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- September 11th, 2008 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- September 10th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- September 9th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- September 8th, 2008 (Monday) - 10 articles
- September 5th, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- September 4th, 2008 (Thursday) - 9 articles
- September 3rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 21 articles
- September 2nd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- September 1st, 2008 (Monday) - 8 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Chiefs travel to Pineville Friday; Sterlington on road to 3A Caldwell|
The West Ouachita Chiefs put forth a long touchdown pass to start the game and mixed in an opportunistic defensive effort that delivered a 27-18 jamboree victory over Sterlington Friday night.
"I thought Matt (Calhoun) played real well tonight," West Ouachita head coach Mitch Thomas said. "We did some good things on offense tonight."
Sterlington got on the board shortly after that when DeUndre Gray scampered in from 4 yards out.
The offensive fireworks continued when Calhoun found Billy Minnifield for a 61-yard touchdown strike.
Dobson hooked up with Gray again before halftime with a 10-yard touchdown toss.
A Sterlington rally that cut the lead to 27-18 following another Dobson touchdown pass ended with a fumble recovered by the Chiefs. West Ouachita forced three turnovers during the contest.
The Chiefs are looking for some improvement when they take on Pineville at Pineville Friday night.
"We will try to fix some mistakes from the jamboree," Thomas said. "We want to continue to improve."
Sterlington will hit the road to face the Caldwell Spartans at 7 p.m. Friday night
Caldwell has made some noise in Class 3A over the past three seasons. Sterlington, a Class 2A school, hopes to improve on the field, and the Panthers are looking to pick up some much needed power points in the eyes of Louisiana High School Athletic Association playoff seeding as they step up to battle a 3A opponent.
"We have been working on better execution on both sides of the ball we had some missed tackles on defense," said Sterlington coach Mike Collins.
On the defensive side of the ball, Sterlington will continue to get people in the right position at Caldwell.
"We have to run to the ball better on defensively," Collins said.