Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: City, parish schools to reopen Monday
- 2013 - 961 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- September 30th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- September 27th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- September 25th, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- September 24th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- September 23rd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 8 articles
- September 22nd, 2008 (Monday) - 4 articles
- September 20th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- September 18th, 2008 (Thursday) - 11 articles
- September 17th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 21 articles
- September 16th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 9 articles
- September 15th, 2008 (Monday) - 2 articles
- September 14th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- September 12th, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- September 11th, 2008 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- September 10th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- September 9th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- September 8th, 2008 (Monday) - 10 articles
- September 5th, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- September 4th, 2008 (Thursday) - 9 articles
- September 3rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 21 articles
- September 2nd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- September 1st, 2008 (Monday) - 8 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|City, parish schools to reopen Monday|
Flooding, lack of electricity and food will keep Ouachita Parish Schools closed until Monday, according to Superintendent Dr. Bob Webber.
Monroe City Schools also will resume classes on Monday.
Two parish elementary schools flooded Tuesday as Ouachita Parish got more than six inches of rain in a matter of hours.
Riser Elementary and Shady Grove Elementary were the two schools that flooded, Webber said.
He said it was the second time this year Riser Elementary flooded. Sandbags were placed around the school Tuesday. Water was being pumped out of Riser Wednesday.
"Looks like we might have an issue (at Riser)," Webber said.
Drainage issues in recent months at Shady Grove also need to be addressed, according to Webber.
Webber said parish schools did not incur any wind damage, but minor leaks at various schools would need to be repaired before classes resumes Monday.
Another issue keeping the schools closed until Monday is food deliveries at parish schools had to be diverted and will not arrive until Monday.
He said the school system's food supply was moved. None of it was ruined because of a lack of electricity.
Ouachita Parish Police Jury President Walt Caldwell also asked for schools to remain closed until Monday, Webber said.
"There are just too many employees who were having flooding problems and were not able to make it to work (this week)," Webber said. "There were a lot of circumstances, but mostly flooding, electricity and food have been the major concerns."
"We're going to be fine, but it will just take a couple of days to drain the water out and get electricity back on," he said.
Officials with Monroe City Schools could not be reached Wednesday for comment.