Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Community organizations urgently seeking assistance
- 2013 - 800 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- September 30th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- September 27th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- September 25th, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- September 24th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- September 23rd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 8 articles
- September 22nd, 2008 (Monday) - 4 articles
- September 20th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- September 18th, 2008 (Thursday) - 11 articles
- September 17th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 21 articles
- September 16th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 9 articles
- September 15th, 2008 (Monday) - 2 articles
- September 14th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- September 12th, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- September 11th, 2008 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- September 10th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- September 9th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- September 8th, 2008 (Monday) - 10 articles
- September 5th, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- September 4th, 2008 (Thursday) - 9 articles
- September 3rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 21 articles
- September 2nd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- September 1st, 2008 (Monday) - 8 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Community organizations urgently seeking assistance|
UNITED WAY 211
The Baton Rouge 211 call center has gone off line and the calls from that center are being routed to Monroe. They are preparing for the next few days with daily training at 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. at the United Way office on Hudson Lane. The organization is calling for volunteers who have computer skills, call taking skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure. Volunteers are asked to serve on rotating shifts and the need is expected to last for the next few days.
The phones need to be staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week. A professional staff member will be on hand at all times to assist volunteers.
If you would like to volunteer to answer phones, please come to United Way of Northeast Louisiana, 1201 Hudson Lane, for one of the training sessions to be conducted on the above dates/times.
If you have questions, call 325-3869.
The Children's Coalition still needs used car seats, infant carriers and baby bath tubs to use for sleeping arrangements in shelters.
In addition, the Children's Coalition is looking for
— Individually wrapped children's snacks
— Graham crackers
— Peanut butter crackers
— Cheese crackers
— Animal crackers
— Bottled water
— Juice boxes
— Urgent Need for Pedialyte
— Urgent need for Diapers
— Trash bags
— Paper towels
— Infant carriers (donations only, item will not be returned)
— Children's rest mats (donations only, item will not be returned)
— Books and toys for children 3 to 16.
Contact Katie McLain at 323-8775 or drop them off at the Children's Coalition office, 1363 Louisville in Monro .
AMERICAN RED CROSS
The American Red Cross is looking for volunteers. Anyone interested in helping should go by the Red Cross office at 414 Breard. Also, seeking:
— Urgent need for towels in both the shelters in Monroe and Bastrop
— comfort kits with basic hygiene items
— financial donations
— in kind donations.
Donations may be taken directly to the shelters or to the Red Cross office.