Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Jindal orders Ouachita schools closed
- 2013 - 802 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- September 30th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- September 27th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- September 25th, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- September 24th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- September 23rd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 8 articles
- September 22nd, 2008 (Monday) - 4 articles
- September 20th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- September 18th, 2008 (Thursday) - 11 articles
- September 17th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 21 articles
- September 16th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 9 articles
- September 15th, 2008 (Monday) - 2 articles
- September 14th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- September 12th, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- September 11th, 2008 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- September 10th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- September 9th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- September 8th, 2008 (Monday) - 10 articles
- September 5th, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- September 4th, 2008 (Thursday) - 9 articles
- September 3rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 21 articles
- September 2nd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- September 1st, 2008 (Monday) - 8 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Jindal orders Ouachita schools closed|
Due to Hurricane Gustav, Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal has issued an executive order requiring the closure of selected Louisiana school districts on Tuesday, Sept. 2 and Wednesday, Sept. 3.
On Friday, the Louisiana Department of Education released a list of school districts announcing closures, but Jindal's announcement makes closures in these parishes mandatory.
Parishes identified in the executive order include Ouachita, Avoyelles, Bienville, Bossier, Caddo, Caldwell, Catahoula, Claiborne, Concordia, DeSoto, East Baton Rouge, East Carroll, Franklin, Grant, Jackson, LaSalle, Lincoln, Madison, Morehouse, Natchitoches, Rapides, Red River, Richland, Sabine, Tensas, Union, Vernon, Webster, West Carroll and Winn.
To provide timely and accurate information to the public, the state department of education has also created a link to emergency information on its website at www.louisianaschools.net. The link will provide the latest information, as well as a blog for sending and receiving the latest updates.
A similar emergency link has been established for the Recovery School District, which can also be accessed through the www.louisianaschools.net website or www.nolapublicschools.net.
The department's toll free number, 877-453-2721, which is staffed during regular office hours, can also serve as an information tool during emergency situations if conditions are feasible for staffing. Otherwise, callers will hear a recorded message outlining basic information.