Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Bayou Jamb set for Saturday at ULM
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- August 31st, 2008 (Sunday) - 3 articles
- August 30th, 2008 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- August 29th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- August 28th, 2008 (Thursday) - 14 articles
- August 27th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- August 26th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- August 25th, 2008 (Monday) - 3 articles
- August 22nd, 2008 (Friday) - 5 articles
- August 21st, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- August 20th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 6 articles
- August 19th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 7 articles
- August 16th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- August 15th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- August 14th, 2008 (Thursday) - 13 articles
- August 13th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- August 12th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- August 11th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- August 8th, 2008 (Friday) - 2 articles
- August 7th, 2008 (Thursday) - 14 articles
- August 6th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- August 5th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- August 3rd, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- August 1st, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Bayou Jamb set for Saturday at ULM|
The third annual Bayou Jamb will be held Saturday at Malone Stadium on the University of Louisiana-Monroe campus.
Beginning at 2 p.m., the high school football jamboree will mark the launch of the 2008 season for eight teams from throughout northeast Louisiana, including three Ouachita Parish teams.The first game will see Rayville meet Calvary Baptist.
Beginning at around 4 p.m., game two will pit Jonesboro-Hodge against Oak Grove.
At approximately 6 p.m., Ruston will take on Ouachita Parish High School, and at about 8 p.m., the West Monroe Rebels will square off with arch-rival Neville.
Coaches for the teams that will participate at Bayou Jamb got together Tuesday ULM for Bayou Jamb Media Day.
"This is a great venue for high school football" said West Monroe coach Don Shows.
"High school football is on the rise in America, and there are places down further south who are picking up this type of format "It's really a thrill to be a part of these jamborees.
"Our rivalry against Neville goes back a long way," Shows continued. "Our jamboree game against Neville last year was the most physical game we had all year."
John Carr, who is relatively new to the area, begins his fourth season at the helm of the Lions from Ouachita. It's really fun for all of us," Carr said."We can't wait to get over here and play."
Mickey McCarty, head coach at Neville, is looking forward to Bayou Jamb, too.
"It's a great measure of how our team will do when we play over here," McCarty said.
"I'm just hoping we can keep it competitive and have a good game"
Last year, West Monroe won the jamboree bout against Neville, 17-14.
The Rebels moved on to notch an undefeated season but lost in the second round of the playoffs to Acadiana.
Neville finished the 2007 season second in the 2-4A District race behind eventual 4A state champion Bastrop.
West Monroe opens the 3008 regular season Friday, Sept. 5, at Thibodaux.
Neville begins the regular season Thursday, Sept.4, at home against Ruston.
That game will be shown on Cox Cable beginning at 7 p.m.
Ouachita opens the regular season Friday, Sept. 5, at home against Carroll.
In 2007, Bayou Jamb drew approximately 22,000 fans to ULM's Malone Stadium.
ULM officials said they were expecting some 25,000 fans to flock to Malone Stadium for this yearís event in spite of a conflict with Louisiana Tech kicking off its 2008 season against Mississippi State of the Southeastern Conference.