Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: River Oaks to open season Friday
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- August 31st, 2008 (Sunday) - 3 articles
- August 30th, 2008 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- August 29th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- August 28th, 2008 (Thursday) - 14 articles
- August 27th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- August 26th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- August 25th, 2008 (Monday) - 3 articles
- August 22nd, 2008 (Friday) - 5 articles
- August 21st, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- August 20th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 6 articles
- August 19th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 7 articles
- August 16th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- August 15th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- August 14th, 2008 (Thursday) - 13 articles
- August 13th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- August 12th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- August 11th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- August 8th, 2008 (Friday) - 2 articles
- August 7th, 2008 (Thursday) - 14 articles
- August 6th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- August 5th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- August 3rd, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- August 1st, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|River Oaks to open season Friday|
The River Oaks Mustangs will begin the quest Friday night when they travel to Riverdale in a non-district clash. The following Friday, the Mustangs will be on the road again when they travel to Porter's Chapel at Vicksburg, Miss.
With five returning on offense and three returning on defense, coach Robert Hannah anticipates a good season.
"We're still a work in progress," Mustangs coach Robert Hannah said. "We try to get better every time we get out there. Riverside has a new coach and they are young. They do a good job with good skill positions. They have a good running back and a freshman quarterback. They have some big boys on the offensive line as well."
The Mustangs play in the MIssissippi Private School Association.
One of the bright spots for the Mustangs is the return of Cody Trichell, a 5-8, 175 lb. senior to the lineup as the quarterback.
"We're returning Cody Trichell as our starting quarterback for the third year," said Hannah.
Trichell proved his worth last season s he helped his team to the 7-4 record.
But the big news from the Mustangs is they are changing to a new offensive style of play.
"We will be moving to the shotgun/spread on offense with a valuable crew of receivers and running backs," Hannah said. "The strength of our offense and defense will be speed and quickness."
With Trichell returning as quarterback, Hannah made the adjustments during the off-season.
"The reason for the changes is to take advantage of a veteran group of defensive backs and quick outside linebackers," Hannah said.
River Oaks, meanwhile, needs to get out of the block early.
"We just have to go in and play hard and do the things we've proven on offense," Hannah said. "It's a learning process, especially for our special teams."
The Mustangs will continue to have their hands full They are on the road the second week as well when they travel to Porter's Chapel in Vicksburg, Miss. Both games are non-district as the Mustangs don't begin district play for several games yet.
The Mustangs first home game is not until Friday, Sept. 5 when they host a longtime rival in Riverfield.