Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Several locals appointed to state boards
- 2013 - 802 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- August 31st, 2008 (Sunday) - 3 articles
- August 30th, 2008 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- August 29th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- August 28th, 2008 (Thursday) - 14 articles
- August 27th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- August 26th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- August 25th, 2008 (Monday) - 3 articles
- August 22nd, 2008 (Friday) - 5 articles
- August 21st, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- August 20th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 6 articles
- August 19th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 7 articles
- August 16th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- August 15th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- August 14th, 2008 (Thursday) - 13 articles
- August 13th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- August 12th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- August 11th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- August 8th, 2008 (Friday) - 2 articles
- August 7th, 2008 (Thursday) - 14 articles
- August 6th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- August 5th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- August 3rd, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- August 1st, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Several locals appointed to state boards|
Gov. Bobby Jindal recently announced appointments of several Ouachita Parish residents to state boards.
Lynda Gavioli of Monroe will serve on the Children's Cabinet Advisory Board. Gavioli is the executive director of the Children's Coalition for Northeast Louisiana in Monroe. She is the representative of Louisiana Partnership for Children and Families serving on the board, in accordance with statute.
The Children's Cabinet Advisory Board provides information and recommendations from the perspective of advocacy groups, service providers, and parents to the Children's Cabinet. The purpose of the Cabinet is to facilitate and require coordination of policy, planning, and budgeting affecting programs and services for children and their families. The cabinet carries out its functions in order to assure the most efficient and effective use of resources, particularly through programs for intervention and prevention and through services that assist and support children.
State Rep. Kay Katz of Monroe will serve on the Louisiana Women's Policy and Research Commission.
Katz is a member of the Louisiana State House of Representatives representing the 16th District and is a member of the Women's Legislative Caucus.
The Board advises the governor, through the special assistant to the governor on women's policy, on the particular hardships, concerns and needs that challenge women in Louisiana and possible solutions.
Sen. Mike Walsworth of West Monroe will serve on the Louisiana Emergency Response Commission.
Walsworth is a Louisiana State Senator representing the 33rd District and is the senate chairman of the Select Committee on Homeland Security. Walsworth will serve as an at-large member, as required by executive order.
The Louisiana Emergency Response Commission establishes emergency planning districts, appoints local emergency planning committees, supervises and coordinates the activities of local emergency planning committees, provides the Environmental Protection Agency with information concerning notification received on certain releases of hazardous materials and substances; designates facilities subject to hazardous material reporting procedures; recommends a standardized inventory form for gathering required information and develops reporting procedures; recommends additional substances which should be defined as hazardous materials; acts as the central advisory body for coordinating state and federal Right-to-Know activities with regard to hazardous substances; establishes procedures for recalling and processing public requests for information; and reviews local planning committee emergency response plans.
Ouachita and Morehouse parishes' District Attorney Jerry Jones, of Monroe, was appointed to serve on the Governor's Advisory Board of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention.
The purpose of the Governor's Advisory Board of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention is to use training, experience or special knowledge concerning the prevention and treatment of juvenile delinquency, the administration of juvenile justice, or the reduction of a juvenile delinquency. The board serves to strengthen the accountability, rehabilitation and prevention of juveniles either at risk or already found guilty of felonies within Louisiana.
Jones will represent law enforcement and juvenile justice agencies, including judges, prosecutors and counsel for children, as required by public law.
Jindal also announced reappointments to the board, including Bernadine Adams, of West Monroe.
Adams is the former executive director of the Youth House of Ouachita Inc., and a former member of the Federal Advisory Committee on Juvenile Justice. Adams will serve as a volunteer who works with delinquents or potential delinquents.
Keith Babb of Monroe was appointed to the Louisiana Racing Commission, which serves to enforce rules and regulations, propose legislation and develop policies for the Louisiana racing industry. Furthermore, it ensures the legitimate performance of all racing animals and the accountability of pari-mutuel wagering in Louisiana.
Babb is president and chief auctioneer at Keith Babb & Associates and is a member of the National Auctioneers Board of Directors. Babb will represent the 5th Congressional District.