Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Warriors look for turnaround
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- August 31st, 2008 (Sunday) - 3 articles
- August 30th, 2008 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- August 29th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- August 28th, 2008 (Thursday) - 14 articles
- August 27th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- August 26th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- August 25th, 2008 (Monday) - 3 articles
- August 22nd, 2008 (Friday) - 5 articles
- August 21st, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- August 20th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 6 articles
- August 19th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 7 articles
- August 16th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- August 15th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- August 14th, 2008 (Thursday) - 13 articles
- August 13th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- August 12th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- August 11th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- August 8th, 2008 (Friday) - 2 articles
- August 7th, 2008 (Thursday) - 14 articles
- August 6th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- August 5th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- August 3rd, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- August 1st, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Warriors look for turnaround|
The St. Frederick Warriors are hoping the down turn of last season won't be a lasting one as they prepare for the 2008 kickoff.
The Warriors would also like to improve on their seed status this season. St. Frederick was No. 28 in 1A and had to face a strong No. 7 Catholic, P.C. in the first round.
After posting winning records for the past four seasons under coach Paul Guerriero, the Warriors suffered several setbacks in 2007.
"This year should be an exciting year for us," said St. Frederick coach Paul Guerriero. "We return several players who endured a learning year last season."
The Warriors have nine returning on offense and seven on defense.
"As we have transitioned into the I-back veer system (on offense)," Guerriero said. "We have seen players begin to raise themselves to a whole new level as they gain more and more confidence."
The Warriors finished third in the district behind Ouachita Christian School and Cedar Creek, but the Cedar Creek game was close enough where it could have gone either way. St. Frederick was actually leading the game by a 9-7 margin going into the final minute of play.
It was in the last minute when the Cougars scored what proved to be the game winning touchdown.
A disappointing 44-0 loss to OCS at the end of the season also was a bit of a downer, but they still got to the state playoffs. The Warriors had an early exit from the playoffs at they came up against a stiff Catholic, P.C and fell by a 45-13 score.
The Warriors are expecting better things this season.
This season, St. Frederick will open at Ringgold, then return home the following week to face Delhi.
The Warriors have road games against Wossman and LaSalle before coming back to take on Grambling to open district play.
Following the Grambling game, the Warriors will go to Cedar Creek, then host Arcadia.
The next district contest is at Bernice.
The Warriors will close out the season Nov. 6 at home against arch-rival OCS.
We expect another great year from Chris Buttitta," Guerriero said. "Who will be the heart and soul of our offense at fullback. Landon Williams takes the reins at the quarterback spot and has made great strides this summer due to his incredible work ethic."
Aaron Thibodeaux, Zach LaSuzzo and Christian Sager will be ready on defense.
The Warriors use a 3-5-3 setup on defense.
Guerrierio believes the team to beat this season will be OCS, but Cedar Creek could show its teeth early on. Arcadia could definitely be a dark horse.
St. Frederick 4-7, 2-3 in District 1-1A
St. Frederick 38, Ringgold 0
Delhi 22, St. Frederick 14
Loyola 30, St. Frederick 7
Wossman 26, St. Frederick 0
St. Frederick 25, LaSalle 9
St. Frederick 49, Grambling 0*
Cedar Creek 12, St. Frederick 9*
Arcadia 34, St. Frederick 13*
St. Frederick 24, Bernice 20*
OCS 44, St. Frederick 0*
No. 7 Catholic, P.C. 45, No. 28 St. Frederick 13
St. Frederick 2008 schedule
9-5.........St. Frederick at Ringgold
9-12.......Delhi at St. Frederick
9-19.......Loyola at St. Frederick
9-26.......St. Frederick at Wossman
10-3.......St. Frederick at LaSalle
10-10.....Grambling at St. Frederick*
10-17.....St. Frederick at Cedar Creek*
10-24.....Arcadia at St. Frederick*
10-31.....St. Frederick at Bernice*
11-6........OCS at St. Frederick*