Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Poll: Fleming leads Republicans in 4th District race
- 2013 - 802 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- August 31st, 2008 (Sunday) - 3 articles
- August 30th, 2008 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- August 29th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- August 28th, 2008 (Thursday) - 14 articles
- August 27th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- August 26th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- August 25th, 2008 (Monday) - 3 articles
- August 22nd, 2008 (Friday) - 5 articles
- August 21st, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- August 20th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 6 articles
- August 19th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 7 articles
- August 16th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- August 15th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- August 14th, 2008 (Thursday) - 13 articles
- August 13th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- August 12th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- August 11th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- August 8th, 2008 (Friday) - 2 articles
- August 7th, 2008 (Thursday) - 14 articles
- August 6th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- August 5th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- August 3rd, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- Poll: Fleming leads Republicans in 4th District race
- August 1st, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Poll: Fleming leads Republicans in 4th District race|
With the Republican Party primary election in the 4th District congressional race roughly one month away, Dr. John Fleming leads a field of GOP candidates with 43 percent of the vote.
That's according to a poll conducted by Southern Media & Opinion Research, a widely respected polling firm owned and operated by Buster McKenzie and Bernie Pinsonat.
SMOR's poll of 350 likely Republican voters showed Chris Gorman with 16.9 percent of the vote, while 14.6 percent of the voters favored Jeff Thompson. Some 25.1 percent of the likely Republicans voters who were polled were undecided.
Conducted July 25-27, the SMOR poll had a margin of error of plus or minus 5 percent.
Fleming's campaign paid for the poll.
Fleming, Gorman and Thompson will face one another Sept. 6 in the party primary election. A run-off election, if needed, will take place Oct. 4. The general election, or when the Republican nominee will face the Democratic Party nominee, will be held Nov. 4 in conjunction with the presidential race.
Fleming is a physician and businessman, who is largely financing his campaign to succeed Congressman Jim McCrery. McCrery is voluntarily giving up his seat in the U.S. House of Representatives. He has represented the 4th District since 1988.
Gorman is a businessman, who works for him family's trucking company, Tango Transport. Thompson is an attorney.
Meanwhile, Caddo Parish District Attorney Paul Carmouche is the leading Democratic candidate in the 4th District campaign. He is expected to easily win the Democratic primary election in September.