Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Gibson nails second at national meet
- 2013 - 962 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- July 31st, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- July 30th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- July 29th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- July 28th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- July 25th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- July 24th, 2008 (Thursday) - 4 articles
- July 23rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 17 articles
- July 22nd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- July 19th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- July 18th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- July 17th, 2008 (Thursday) - 8 articles
- July 16th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- July 15th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- July 14th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- July 13th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- July 11th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- July 10th, 2008 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- July 9th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- July 8th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- July 3rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 14 articles
- July 2nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- July 1st, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Gibson nails second at national meet|
Breonna Gibson of the Peak Performance Track Club in Monroe finished second in the shot put in the Bantam Girls 9-10 division with a personal best throw of 26 feet, 8.5 inches.
Gibson was one of the club members who made the trip to the USA National Junior Olympic Track and Field Championships in Omaha, Neb. this past weekend, with approximately 6,000 athletes from all across the United States participating.
"We finished the season with a great showing at the Junior Olympics," said Dennis Groll, the Peak Performance coach. "Having Gibson get a medal really helped."
Jennifer Goss is a standout track star at Sterlington High School where she will be a senior.
"For Goss to win a medal is really a big plus," Groll said. "And will be a big help her next season."
Groll said this is not the first time the Peak club members have performed as well. Last season, competitors brought home three medals.
Others who finished at the meet included Joshua Cox who was third in the javelin in the Intermediate boys division with a throw of 171 feet, 10 inches.
Jennifer Goss, was also a big medalist, competing in four different events in her age group, 17-18. She finished eighth in the javelin in the young women's division. Her throw was 118 feet, 9 inches. The first eight places in each event earned medals.
The other three events Goss participated in included the hammer throw, 16th place, the discus, 22nd place and the shot put, 29th place.
The fourth competitor at the Junior Olympics was Aubrey Gamble, who finished 12th in the 1500 meter race wallk in the Bantam division.
Four contestants from Peak Performance qualified to make the trip to Omaha.
Actually, 12 members of the Peak club had qualified to go but couldn't for various reasons. But only four were able to make the trip.