Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Woman dies in city bus accident
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- July 31st, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- July 30th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- July 29th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- July 28th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- July 25th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- July 24th, 2008 (Thursday) - 4 articles
- July 23rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 17 articles
- July 22nd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- July 19th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- July 18th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- July 17th, 2008 (Thursday) - 8 articles
- July 16th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- July 15th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- July 14th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- July 13th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- July 11th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- July 10th, 2008 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- July 9th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- July 8th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- July 3rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 14 articles
- July 2nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- July 1st, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Woman dies in city bus accident|
A Monroe city bus passenger died this morning after being involved in a collision between a city bus and a sport utility vehicle.
According to reports from the city of Monroe, shortly after 8 a.m., a Monroe Transit paratransit bus was involved in a motor vehicle accident at the intersection of Plum and South 7th streets.
According to initial police reports, the driver of a sports utility vehicle traveling southbound on South 7th appears to have been traveling at a high rate of speed and failed to stop at a stop sign. This, allegedly, led to a collision with the paratransit bus, which was traveling westbound on Plum. The impact caused the bus to overturn into a ditch on Plum Street. Monroe Fire, Police, and EMS responded.
The paratransit vehicle was occupied by two passengers, a driver and a driver trainee (who was not driving). The driver and all passengers in the bus, as well as the driver of the SUV, were transported to local hospitals. One of the bus passengers, a female, passed away at Saint Francis hospital.
The driver trainee has been identified as Mason Elzie, who has been treated and released from the hospital. The driver of the paratransit van has been identified as Glen Knighton, who is being treated at a local hospital and is listed in stable, but critical, condition. At this time, the names and conditions of the other passenger in the paratransit bus and the driver of the SUV have not been released.
Monroe Police continue to investigate the accident and a full report is expected within the next couple of days. In accordance with City Policy and DOTD regulations, both Transit employees will be given a drug and alcohol test, even though drugs and alcohol are not suspected to be involved.