Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Deaton earns soccer certificate
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- July 31st, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- July 30th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- July 29th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- July 28th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- July 25th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- July 24th, 2008 (Thursday) - 4 articles
- July 23rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 17 articles
- July 22nd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- July 19th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- July 18th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- July 17th, 2008 (Thursday) - 8 articles
- July 16th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- July 15th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- July 14th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- July 13th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- July 11th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- July 10th, 2008 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- July 9th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- July 8th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- July 3rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 14 articles
- July 2nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- July 1st, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Deaton earns soccer certificate|
Ouachita Christian School head soccer coach Bruce Deaton, and one of NELSA's coaching directors, recently attended US Soccer National Coaching School at Lake Forest Academy in Lake Forest, Ill. While there, he successfully earned the United States Soccer Federation (USSF) National ìBî License.
During the nine days of the coaching school, Deaton participated in classroom and field sessions designed to focus on recognizing the principles of the game and its technical applications in game situations.
He learned how to teach and implement these principles through functional training sessions and gained a better understanding of the responsibilities of coaching at advanced levels.
The key elements taught at the National ìBî License course included observing and identifying tactical and technical breakdowns in game situations and how to develop and implement appropriate training sessions to meet the demands of the game.
In addition to coaching the high school teams at OCS, Deaton is also on the state coaching staff for the Louisiana Soccer Association as the head coach of 1994 Girls Olympic Development Program (ODP) team.
The team just recently participated in the Region 3 ODP camp at the University of Montevallo in Montevallo, Alabama.