Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Campbell appointed to LPFA
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- July 31st, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- July 30th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- July 29th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- July 28th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- July 25th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- July 24th, 2008 (Thursday) - 4 articles
- July 23rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 17 articles
- July 22nd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- July 19th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- July 18th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- July 17th, 2008 (Thursday) - 8 articles
- July 16th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- July 15th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- July 14th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- July 13th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- July 11th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- July 10th, 2008 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- July 9th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- July 8th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- July 3rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 14 articles
- July 2nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- July 1st, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Campbell appointed to LPFA|
Gov. Bobby Jindal appointed Monroe attorney Guy Campbell III to the Louisiana Public Facilities Authority (LPFA).
Jindal announced Campbell's appointment earlier this week.
Created in 1974, the Louisiana Public Facilities Authority is a pubic corporation that serves as a financing authority in which it is a conduit of issuer of tax-exempt and taxable bonds for the state and its citizens.
The authority's board is comprised of seven gubernatorial appointments, including one trustee from each congressional district in the state. Campbell will represent Louisiana's 5th congressional district on the board.
Each member of the authority's board serves a six-year staggered term.
A partner in the Snellings Breard law firm, Campbell earned an accounting degree at LSU in 1994. He graduated from the Paul M. Hebert School of Law at LSU in 1997. In 1999, Campbell earned his Master of Laws in Taxation at the University of Florida in Gainesville. He's also a 1990 graduate of River Oaks School.
Campbell's involvement in civic matters is extensive.
He's chairman of the capital campaign for Northeast Louisiana Children's Museum. He also served as chair of the United Way's annual fundraising campaign in 2006-07. He served in other leadership positions with the United Way, too, including finance chairman in 2003-04, executive cabinet member in 2004-05 and vice chair in 2005-06.
Campbell is a member of the board of the LSU Alumni Association and Tiger Athletic Foundation. Also, he serves as a member of Forever LSU's campaign cabinet.
Campbell's involvement with the LSU Alumni Association earned him the distinguished Purple and Gold Award, and in 2004, he earned a Chapter Service Award from the LSU Alumni Association.
Campbell, 36, also is a member of the board of directors at Bayou DeSiard Country Club.
He has two children. They are Jane Elizabeth, 5, and Claire Rookh, 3.