Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Peak sending 12 to nationals
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- July 31st, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- July 30th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- July 29th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- July 28th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- July 25th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- July 24th, 2008 (Thursday) - 4 articles
- July 23rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 17 articles
- July 22nd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- July 19th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- July 18th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- July 17th, 2008 (Thursday) - 8 articles
- July 16th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- July 15th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- July 14th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- July 13th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- July 11th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- July 10th, 2008 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- July 9th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- July 8th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- July 3rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 14 articles
- July 2nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- July 1st, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Peak sending 12 to nationals|
Ashley Aldredge set a new meet record at the Regional Junior Olympics in Hoover, Ala., this past weekend. Aldredge's record throw of the javelin was 150-feet-1 inch. Aldredge was one of 33 Peak Performance Track Club of Monroe contestants at the regional meet.
The win qualifies Aldredge and 11 others to attend the Junior Olympics National Championships in Omaha, Neb. beginning Tuesday.
"We had 19 to qualify last year," said Peak coach Dennis Groll. "But this is a real good group. Now they are trying to find the funs for all of this."
Jennifer Goss, competing in four events, finished second in the shot put with a throw of 30 feet, 8.25 inches, second in the discus with a throw of 105 feet 11 inches, third in the javelin with a throw of 113 feet 10 inches, and first in the hammer throw with 82 feet 8 inches.
The national meet will go through Saturday.
Others who have qualified include Katy Aldredge, in the sub-bantam division. Aldredge threw the javelin 39 feet, 9 inches for a first place finish. Audrey Gamble finished third in the 1500 meter race walk with a time of 11:49.68. The first three finishers in each event advance to the nationals.
Breonna Gibson also won the bantam girls division shot put with a throw of 25 feet, 10.75 inches. Gibson was also second in the javelin with 65 feet 8 inches.
In the midget girls division, Vaneisha Knox was second in the 200 meter dash with a time of 28.44 and first in the 400 meter dash with a time of 1:04.11.
In the midget boys division, Courtney Wallace won the javelin with a throw of 93 feet, 4 inches. He was third in the shot put with a throw of 28 feet 4.25 inches and second in the discus with a throw of 71 feet 4 inches.
In the youth boys, Delwin Nelson was second in the 100 meter hurdles with a time of 18.21.
In the intermediate girls, Maggie Sylvester was third in the 3000 meter run with a time of 12:27.51.
Joshua Cox was first in the intermediate boys javelin with a throw of 172 feet, 10 inches.
In the young men's division, Dimitri Hampton was third in the 400 meter dash with a time of 49.14 and Mychal Manning was second in the triple jump with a jump of 45 feet 3.50 inches.
Teams competing were from various states including Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Tennessee and Texas.