Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Murder-mystery dinner theatre opens Thursday at Strauss
- 2013 - 802 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- July 31st, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- July 30th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- July 29th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- July 28th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- July 25th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- July 24th, 2008 (Thursday) - 4 articles
- July 23rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 17 articles
- July 22nd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- July 19th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- July 18th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- July 17th, 2008 (Thursday) - 8 articles
- July 16th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- July 15th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- July 14th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- July 13th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- July 11th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- July 10th, 2008 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- July 9th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- July 8th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- July 3rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 14 articles
- July 2nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- July 1st, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Murder-mystery dinner theatre opens Thursday at Strauss|
Strauss Theatre Center's second stab at murder-mystery dinner theatre takes to the stage this week with "The Murder of Dr. Pepper."
The new production comes on the heels of "Reality Bites Back," which the theater produced last month.
Both shows were produced and directed by long-time Strauss Theatre volunteer Steve Munz.
"The Murder of Dr. Pepper" centers on the show's title character and his search for his wife. The audience very quickly comes to realize they, too, will be searching for his wife as three women arrive — all claiming to be Mrs. Pepper.
When the good doctor turns up dead, it's up to the audience to figure out which of the three Mrs. Peppers is the real Mrs. Pepper.
Dinner theatre troupe member Laura Michelle Wolfe said she was enjoying escaping her comfort level as a stage performer and interacting with the audience.
"I've been impressed with how well we've worked off of one another especially considering that most of our cast has only worked with one or two of the other cast members previously," said Wolfe, who is also the Young Troupe operations manager. "Dinner theatre seems to have such a different dynamic, and as much as I love stage work, that's still refreshing."
The show features a cast of seven.
Tickets are on sale now at the Strauss Theatre Center box office.
Admission to the show is by reservation only. Tickets will not be available at the door.
Ticket prices vary depending on menu choice. Chicken and fish diners are $35 while patrons wanting the steak dinner will pay $45.
"The Murder of Dr. Pepper" opens July 10, and runs July 11, 12, 17, 18, 19, 24, 25, and 26, with all shows starting promptly at 7 p.m.
For more information or to reserve tickets, call the Strauss Theatre Center box office at (318) 323-6681.