Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: LSP to host safety expo at Monroe Civic Center
- 2013 - 961 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- July 31st, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- July 30th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- July 29th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- July 28th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- July 25th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- July 24th, 2008 (Thursday) - 4 articles
- July 23rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 17 articles
- July 22nd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- July 19th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- July 18th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- July 17th, 2008 (Thursday) - 8 articles
- July 16th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- July 15th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- July 14th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- July 13th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- July 11th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- July 10th, 2008 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- July 9th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- July 8th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- July 3rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 14 articles
- July 2nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- July 1st, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|LSP to host safety expo at Monroe Civic Center|
Louisiana State Police will host a public safety expo at the Monroe Civic Center from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, July 12.
The event will include informational booths, displays and demonstrations from many public safety agencies.
The public safety expo is free for everyone. There will be opportunities for the public to meet and talk to different public safety related organizations about their roles in community safety.
The demonstrations will include seat belt safety, fire safety, bicycle safety (with free helmets for children), the 911 emergency system, boating safety, police K-9 units, police motorcycle units, mobile police command units, police boats, impaired driving demonstrations, bomb units, traffic enforcement, helicopters, EMS units, SWAT demonstrations and free car seat inspections.
Trooper Mark Dennis said this is the first public safety expo for the area. He encourages local residents to participate and learn more about the role of emergency responders.
"Events like this one have been very successful in other areas of the state," Dennis said. "We hope this one will be educational, informational and entertaining for the attendees."
The event will include giveaways, door prizes and refreshments.
The Louisiana Trooper's Foundation, Louisiana State Trooper's Association and the Louisiana State Fire Marshall's Office provided resources and funding so the event could be offered free to the public.