Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Peak sends 33 to regionals
- 2013 - 802 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- July 31st, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- July 30th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- July 29th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- July 28th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- July 25th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- July 24th, 2008 (Thursday) - 4 articles
- July 23rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 17 articles
- July 22nd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- July 19th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- July 18th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- July 17th, 2008 (Thursday) - 8 articles
- July 16th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- July 15th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- July 14th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- July 13th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- July 11th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- July 10th, 2008 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- July 9th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- July 8th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- July 3rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 14 articles
- July 2nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- July 1st, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Peak sends 33 to regionals|
The Peak Performance Track Club of Monroe will send 33 athletes to the USA Regional Junior Olympics Track and Field Championships in Hoover, Ala. this weekend.
They will be competing for a top three finish in their events to qualify for the National Junior Olympics Championships July 22-27 in Omaha, Neb.
To qualify for this regional meet, the athletes had to finish in the top five places at the Association Championships in McComb, Miss. recently. There were 500 plus particiapants at the association meet representing teams from Mississippi and Louisiana.
In all, the 33 Peak athletes qualified in 70 events and three relays at the association meet.
"This is the most we've ever had to qualify for the regional meet," said Peak coach Dennis Groll. "We had 39 but some had to drop out for various reasons."
Representing the team in the Regional meet in the sub-bantam division (8 and under) are Katie Aldredge and Alexis SMith and in the bantam division (9-910 year-olds) will be Laterria Carter, Grace Choenour, Aubrey Gamble, Breonna Gibson and in the Midget Division (11012 year-olds) Christina Austin, Peyton Glynn, Vaneisha Knox, James Malone, William McFarland, Brittany Wallace and Courtny Wallace.
In the youth division (13-14 year-olds) wil be Lacy Bagbey, Haley Cohenour, Brittney Gamble, Ethan Gremillion, Ahkeem Henderson, Nikiel Jones, Dvonte McFarland and Delwin Nelson and in the intermitedate division (15-16 year-olds) will be Ashley Aldredge, Joey Black, JOshua Cox, Shabrodric Kelly and Maggie Sylvester.
n the young women's and men's division (17-18 year-olds) will be Jennifer Goss, Dimitri Hampton, Eric Manning, Mychal Manning, Jonas Tyson, Neil Watkins and Keldrick Williams.
"Each of these athletes have either won or finished in the top four in the events in the previous meets," Groll said. "They have an excellent chance of qualifying for the National meets."