Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Mustangs hope to be stronger
- 2013 - 800 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- July 31st, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- July 30th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- July 29th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- July 28th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- July 25th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- July 24th, 2008 (Thursday) - 4 articles
- July 23rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 17 articles
- July 22nd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- July 19th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- July 18th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- July 17th, 2008 (Thursday) - 8 articles
- July 16th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- July 15th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- July 14th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- July 13th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- July 11th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- July 10th, 2008 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- July 9th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- July 8th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- July 3rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 14 articles
- July 2nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- July 1st, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Mustangs hope to be stronger|
The River Oaks Mustangs begin their 2008 season two weeks before everyone else, and the Mustangs job isn't going to be easy as the first two games are on the road.
The Mustangs, who finished 7-3 overall, were only 1-3 in District 2A play in the Mississippi Private School Association.
"We want to get better and get back to where we were," said Mustang coach Robert Hannah. "All the kids in our program are here and really working hard to do that."
The Mustangs had been breezing right along last season with the schedule and appeared to be headed toward post-season play.
The Mustangs first defeat came at the hands of Riverfield by a 21-0 margin.
Then came the district.
Central Private, Trinity and Prairie View all had the same thought in mind, to beat River Oaks. The Mustangs came the closest to winning against Trinity, but Trinity prevailed by a 32-29 margin.
This year the Mustangs first two games are on the road before they come back to River Oaks to face Riverfield. They go to Adams County in Natchez the following week and have something they haven't had before in a while, an open date.
The Mustangs go to Central Hinds before coming back to take on Glenbrook and Central Private.
"We're having good turnouts for our weight program," Hannah said. "I'm especially pleased with the way Cody Trichell is working."
Trichell, who was the starting quarterback last season, is expected to step in and do what he did last season.
"He has a lot of experience and we're excited to have him coming back," Hannah said about Trichell. "We're just wanting to get better each week."
River Oaks won the 1A MPSA state title three seasons ago, but now they are in 2A.
Aug. 22....River Oaks at Riverdale
Aug. 29....River Oaks at Porter's Chapel
Sept. 5.....Riverfield at River Oaks
Sept. 12...River Oaks at Adams County
Sept. 26....River Oaks at Central Hinds
Oct. 3.........Glenbrook at River Oaks
Oct. 10......Central Private at River Oaks
Oct. 17.......River Oaks at Trinity
Oct. 24.......Prairie View at River Oaks
Oct 31........River Oaks at CENLA