Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: OCS finds new challenges
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- June 30th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- June 29th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- June 27th, 2008 (Friday) - 2 articles
- June 26th, 2008 (Thursday) - 7 articles
- June 25th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- June 24th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- June 18th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 17 articles
- June 17th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- June 16th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- June 12th, 2008 (Thursday) - 9 articles
- June 11th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 14 articles
- June 10th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- June 8th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- June 7th, 2008 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- June 6th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- June 5th, 2008 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- June 4th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- June 3rd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- June 2nd, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|OCS finds new challenges|
The last time the Ouachita Christian School Eagles won the state championship was in 2000 and the last time the team won the district title was in 1999, almost 10 years ago.
Now the program has improved some and the Eagles are currently hoping the momentum from last year's team which went 11-3 and made it all the way to the semifinals in the state 1A playoffs, will return.
Not having to deal with Sterlington in the district any more has no doubt helped the Eagles cause, as Cedar Creek proved to be the only district barrier this past season.
The Eagles dropped down to class 1A last year, so they've gone through the new district one time already.
Now the Eagles will go into the 2008 season with new challenges.
The annual tangle with arch-rival St. Frederick will be at the Warriors home field.
OCS plays Mangham, Vidalia, Lake Providence, Madison and Sterlington before beginning District 2-1A play.
"We've got six at home and four away games this season," OCS coach Steven Fitzhugh said. "Actually, we've got eight games in Monroe because we play at St. Frederick and at Sterlington. Everybody should be tougher this year. Everybody was young last year, including us. And some of our younger players have grown some so they will help."
Last season, Sterlington won over OCS 35-21.
In fact, OCS had the No. 8 seed going into the playoffs last season before losing to No. 13 seed West St. John.
In the district, Cedar Creek and St. Frederick will be the two teams OCS will have to look out for in 2008, but the other teams should not be overlooked.
Ouachita Christian School
9-5.........Mangham at OCS
9-12.......OCS at Vidalia
9-19.......Lake Providence at OCS
9-26.......Madison at OCS
10-3.......OCS at Sterlington
10-10.....Bernice at OCS
10-17.....OCS at Arcadia
10-24.....Grambling at OCS
10-31.....Cedar Creek at OCS
11-6........OCS at St. Frederick