Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Rebels have seven home games
- 2013 - 802 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- June 30th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- June 29th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- June 27th, 2008 (Friday) - 2 articles
- June 26th, 2008 (Thursday) - 7 articles
- June 25th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- June 24th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- June 18th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 17 articles
- June 17th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- June 16th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- June 12th, 2008 (Thursday) - 9 articles
- June 11th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 14 articles
- June 10th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- June 8th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- June 7th, 2008 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- June 6th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- June 5th, 2008 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- June 4th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- June 3rd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- June 2nd, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Rebels have seven home games|
The West Monroe Rebels would like nothing better than to get back to the Louisiana Superdome this upcoming season.
The Rebels have missed out on the trip to the Dome the past two seasons after winning the state 5A championship in 2005.
Fans can get a preview of the upcoming season when the Rebels participate in Bayou Jamb 4. The Rebels will play the same opponent they did last season when they take on the Neville Tigers in the final jamboree game of the night.
This season should be no different than many of the others.
The Rebels should have a good nucleus of players returning, including D. J. Banks at quarterback. Banks didn't start a lot last season, but what he did contribute was significant. He got to see a lot of playing time as a running back.
The main thing for the Rebels this season will be the favorable home schedule. In a brilliant maneuver, Rebel coach Don Shows has somehow managed to get all the Shreveport teams on the schedule to come to Rebel Stadium.
"Huntington, Ruston and Ouachita will all be improved," Shows said.
The possibility of Ouachita Parish going to a four-day work week would be beneficial for the football team.
"We could practice earlier on Monday," Shows said. "We could do lots of different things with it."
Shows, who begins his 19th season at the Rebels helm, is, of course, hoping the winning streak will continue.
In the day and time when gas prices are soaring out of sight and transportation on shaky ground, this is nothing short of a major coup.
The Rebels, who normally play a team home and home, were originally scheduled to go to Huntington and Southwood this season.
Now all of the 5-1A schools from Shreveport are coming to West Monroe.
So this means the Rebels will have seven home games this season.
The Rebels open the season to travel to Thibodaux for a return match there, then the only other road game is a trip to Ouachita Sept. 26. The District 1-5A season begins on not only the home opener but the second game of the season as well.
9-5.......West Monroe at Thibodaux
9-12....Huntington at West Monroe
9-19.....Byrd at West Monroe
9-26.....West Monroe at Ouachita Parish
10-3.....Airline at West Monroe
10-17...Southwood at West Monroe
10-24...Ruston at West Monroe
10-31...West Monroe at West Monroe
11-7.....Captain Shreve at West Monroe