Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: James hosts big camp
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- June 30th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- June 29th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- June 27th, 2008 (Friday) - 2 articles
- June 26th, 2008 (Thursday) - 7 articles
- June 25th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- June 24th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- June 18th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 17 articles
- June 17th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- June 16th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- June 12th, 2008 (Thursday) - 9 articles
- June 11th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 14 articles
- June 10th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- June 8th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- June 7th, 2008 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- June 6th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- June 5th, 2008 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- June 4th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- June 3rd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- June 2nd, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|James hosts big camp|
Bradie James, a West Monroe graduate and standout LSU linebacker who now plays for the Dallas Cowboys, gave something of himself back to the community Saturday when he held a football camp at West Monroe High School.
"I'm really pleased with this turnout," James said. "The weather is real good. We would have had more football players come but those who came are a big help."
The football players who came to help out at the camp include Kendrick Allen of the Minnesota Vikings, Aiken Ayodele, a linebacker for the Miami Dolphins, Ken Hamlin a safety for the Dallas Cowboys and Marcus Spears, also a current Dallas player.
The camp had about 200 players in attendance and they all received top-notch instruction from the pros. Each of the campers also received a tee-shirt.
The camp was James' fourth since he turned pro.
The 6-foot-2, 239 lb. linebacker is beginning his sixth season in 2008, all with the Cowboys. He finished at LSU in in 2002.
James, who is a captain for the Cowboys, would like to add a Super Bowl ring to his collection.
James already has the 2000 state 5A championship ring and the 2002 BCS national championship title ring so the Super Bowl ring would be the crowning glory.
James was one of the major reasons the West Monroe Rebels got off to such a good start as he was a member of the team which won three straight state titles in a row beginning in 1996.
The Cowboys narrowly missed going any further in the playoffs because a determined New York Giants team with future Super Bowl MVP Eli Manning had something to do with it.
"I just wanted to give something back to the community," James said about holding the camp. He also played at Wossman High School before moving over to the Rebels.
James was wanting to make the camp an annual event, but he couldn't make it last summer.