Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Soignier undecided about future plans
- 2013 - 962 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- June 30th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- June 29th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- June 27th, 2008 (Friday) - 2 articles
- June 26th, 2008 (Thursday) - 7 articles
- June 25th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- June 24th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- June 18th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 17 articles
- June 17th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- June 16th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- June 12th, 2008 (Thursday) - 9 articles
- June 11th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 14 articles
- June 10th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- June 8th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- June 7th, 2008 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- June 6th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- June 5th, 2008 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- June 4th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- June 3rd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- June 2nd, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Soignier undecided about future plans|
The University of Louisiana-Monroe's crackerjack shortstop, who had a breakout season this season and earned all-America honors, has been drafted by the Florida Marlins.
Ben Soignier, who has accomplished much this past season, was the 508th selection in the draft.
Other awards Soignier has earned included being named to the Louisville Slugger All-America third team
Soignier, who is a native of West Monroe and played on ULM coach Jeff Schexnaider's last high school team, did not know if he would pursue a pro career at this time. West Monroe had a record of 12 district titles in a row under Schexnaider's leadership.
"He'll probably know something by the end of the week," Schexnaider said. "He had a real good year this past year. He stayed healthy all year."
Soignier, who hit .392 this spring and had a career high 16 home runs to his credit this season, has one year of eligibility left at ULM.
His dream is to play pro baseball. Soignier also has done some pitching for the Warhawks. Soignier had a broken hand his sophomore season which prevented him from playing too much. He really bounced back from his injury with a bang.
"It really feels great to be drafted," Soignier said. "It's like a dream come true. It's been a lot of hard work and its paid off. I saw the ball well and that helped a lot. I can attribute a lot of my success this season to Coach Shake and Coach (Mike) Trahan. They're really good."
Soignier said he would be working on other positions in addition to shortstop. He has also been known to pitch.
Soignier will be a senior this year.
He originally signed out of high school to play for Alabama, but as soon as Schexnaider decided to move to ULM, Soignier moved back to West Monroe and ULM.