Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Area rodeo club members qualify for state event
- 2013 - 844 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- May 31st, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- May 30th, 2008 (Friday) - 2 articles
- May 29th, 2008 (Thursday) - 12 articles
- May 28th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- May 27th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- May 26th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- May 25th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- May 24th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- May 22nd, 2008 (Thursday) - 18 articles
- May 21st, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- May 20th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- May 18th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- May 17th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- May 16th, 2008 (Friday) - 10 articles
- May 15th, 2008 (Thursday) - 3 articles
- May 14th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- May 13th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- May 11th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- May 10th, 2008 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- May 9th, 2008 (Friday) - 2 articles
- May 8th, 2008 (Thursday) - 3 articles
- May 7th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 22 articles
- May 6th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- May 5th, 2008 (Monday) - 2 articles
- May 4th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- May 3rd, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- May 2nd, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- May 1st, 2008 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Area rodeo club members qualify for state event|
Twenty Northeast Louisiana Rodeo Club members qualified to go to the prep state rodeo at Gonzales, to be held June 13-22.
Events include bareback bronc riding, saddle bronc riding, bull riding, goat tying, barrel racing, pole bending, steer wrestling, breakaway roping for the girls and calf roping for the boys. Also included is a queen's contest and several other sidelights which go on at the same time.
Shane Hood of Ruston, a home-school competitor, is one of the top 10 competitors in the bull-riding competition.
Erica Hammons of Rocky Branch, who is another home-school competitor, has qualified in the pole bending.
Some of the high school students continue on to find a rodeo team in college.
The members include: Regan Avery, West Ouachita, bull riding; Tracey Fowler, West Ouachita, pole bending; Lydia Halbrook, St. Frederick, pole bending; Wesley Johnson, Ouachita Christian School, team roping; Raeghan Norred, West Ouachita, pole bending and girls cutting; Ben Tannehill, West Monroe, bull riding; Courtney Boyd, Choudrant, barrel racing; Corbin Carpenter, Bar CC Academy, bull riding, tie-down roping, team roping; Justin Gray, Mangham, bareback bronc; Chase Green, home school, steer wrestling; Hannah Greer, Riverfield Academy, pole bending; Shane Hood, Ruston, home school, bull riding; Kelby Leonard, Cotton Valley, tie-down roping; Elx McDonald, Summerfield, girls cutting; Jeremy Mercer, Franklin, team roping; Dawn Robinson, Franklin Parish, pole bending; Stella Sorey, Riverfield Academy, barrel racing; and Kristan Usrey, Winnfield High School, pole bending.
The Louisiana HIgh School Rodeo Association is the governing body which rules the state rodeo.
There are 23 qualifying rodeos across the state each year and the scores from each rodeo are added together to determine the final scores. The top 33 in each event goes to the state rodeo. Once they are at the state level, the competitors have two chances to make the final go-round, or short-go the final Saturday night. The top four in each event after the state rodeo is over, qualify for the national finals which is held in Springfield, Ill.
The state rodeos are held in Ouachita Parish, DeRidder, Leesville, Shreveport, Ruston, Minden, Denham Springs, Abbeville, Sulphur and Alexandria.
There is also a Wrangler, or junior high division that will be held in Sulphur beginning Friday.