Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: CenturyTel to sponsor fireworks show
- 2013 - 961 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- May 31st, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- May 30th, 2008 (Friday) - 2 articles
- May 29th, 2008 (Thursday) - 12 articles
- May 28th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- May 27th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- May 26th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- May 25th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- May 24th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- May 22nd, 2008 (Thursday) - 18 articles
- May 21st, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- May 20th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- May 18th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- May 17th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- May 16th, 2008 (Friday) - 10 articles
- May 15th, 2008 (Thursday) - 3 articles
- May 14th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- May 13th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- May 11th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- May 10th, 2008 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- May 9th, 2008 (Friday) - 2 articles
- May 8th, 2008 (Thursday) - 3 articles
- May 7th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 22 articles
- May 6th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- May 5th, 2008 (Monday) - 2 articles
- May 4th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- May 3rd, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- May 2nd, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- May 1st, 2008 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|CenturyTel to sponsor fireworks show|
The Monroe Jaycees recently announced that CenturyTel has agreed to serve as the headline sponsor for the 2008 Fourth of July Waterfront Festival and Fireworks Extravaganza.
The event will be held Friday, July 4, at Forsythe Point on the Ouachita River.
The all-day festival will include food and entertainment, ending with the annual fireworks show later that night.
"We are extremely excited to have CenturyTel as our headline sponsor again this year," said Monroe Jaycees fireworks chair Mollie Harper. "This event would not be possible without their continued support."
The fireworks show has been a tradition in Ouachita Parish for many years. Seven years ago, the Monroe Jaycees expanded the event to a day-long festival along the river.
Vendors line up at Forsythe Point to sell arts, crafts and food, while live music and children's activities are offered throughout the day.
The fireworks show typically starts around 9 p.m. and lasts for about 15 minutes.
The annual Fourth of July waterfront festival and fireworks show is one of the Monroe Jaycees' biggest events of the year.
Hundreds of local residents join family and friends to celebrate Independence Day and to enjoy the largest fireworks show in northeast Louisiana.
Booth space for craft and merchandise vendors is $65 and $125 for food vendors. A $15 discount will be given for any registration received before June 6.
Electricity and water will be available but may be limited and will be given on a first come, first serve basis.
For more information about booth space, contact Harper at 237-3698, or visit the Monroe Jaycee's web site at www.monroejuniorchamber.org.
The Jaycees is a leadership-building organization for young people, which focuses on instilling leadership skills through participating in community events.
The Jaycees meet on the first and third Thursday of each month at the Jaycee building at 710 N. 30th St. in Monroe.
The Monroe Jaycees work to assist various other charitable organizations in the community, such as the Ronald McDonald House and the Louisiana Special Olympics.
Another big event for the Jaycees is its annual Christmas shopping tour for underprivileged children.