Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Parker, Causey unite
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- May 31st, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- May 30th, 2008 (Friday) - 2 articles
- May 29th, 2008 (Thursday) - 12 articles
- May 28th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- May 27th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- May 26th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- May 25th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- May 24th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- May 22nd, 2008 (Thursday) - 18 articles
- May 21st, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- May 20th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- May 18th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- May 17th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- May 16th, 2008 (Friday) - 10 articles
- May 15th, 2008 (Thursday) - 3 articles
- May 14th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- May 13th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- May 11th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- May 10th, 2008 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- May 9th, 2008 (Friday) - 2 articles
- May 8th, 2008 (Thursday) - 3 articles
- May 7th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 22 articles
- May 6th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- May 5th, 2008 (Monday) - 2 articles
- May 4th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- May 3rd, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- May 2nd, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- May 1st, 2008 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Parker, Causey unite|
St. Mark's Cathedral in Shreveport was the setting for the double-ring ceremony at 6 p.m. Saturday, May 3, 2008, that united Suzanne Kathryn Parker and Chad Hans Causey. The Rev. Canon Andrew Comeaux officiated at the ceremony.
Parents of the couple are Dr. and Mrs. Randy Parker of West Monroe and Mr. and Mrs. Bill Causey Jr. of Shreveport. Grandparents of the bride are Mr. and Mrs. Doyle R. Parker of Monroe, and the late Mr. and Mrs. Everett M. Battey. Grandparents of the groom are Mrs. Margaret Causey, the late Mr. B.P. Causey and the late Rev. and Mrs. Lothar Kleinhans, all of Shreveport.
Given in marriage by her parents and escorted by her father, the bride wore a Morilee gown of white Duchess satin with an off-the-shoulder neckline. Scalloped embroidery and a satin band edged the hem and semi-cathedral length train. The fingertip veil featured a beaded scalloped edge and was attached with a jeweled band. She carried a bouquet of white roses interspersed with purple and pink sweetheart roses and astromaria lilies that was wrapped with an antique handkerchief given to her as a child. She wore her paternal great-grandmother's diamond necklace and her maternal grandmother's diamond earrings.
The matron of honor was Janyce McKey Rawls of West Monroe. The bridesmaids were Aleisa Dunn Hudlow of Katy, Texas, college friend of the bride; Angela Roshto Parker of Jennings, sister-in-law of the bride; and Erin Frances Eubanks of West Monroe, friend of the bride. The bridesmaids wore floor-length, strapless two-piece gowns of black chiffon with crystal trim. Mia Causey, the daughter of the groom, was the flower girl.
Andrew Causey of Wylie, Texas, served his brother as best man. Nathan Curtis of San Antonio, friend of the groom; Adam Parker of Jennings, brother of the bride; and Tyson Hackenburg of Baton Rouge, cousin of the groom, served as groomsmen. Henry Wiygul of Dubach, cousin of the bride, was the junior groomsman. Mitchell Rawls of West Monroe, Adam Hudlow of Katy, Texas, Drew Kleinhans of Roswell, Ga., and Mark Minton of Bossier City served as ushers.
Sister Meg Causey, aunt and Godmother of the groom, was the scripture reader. Leah Williams was the guest book attendant and Emily and Shelby Causey, nieces of the groom, were the program attendants. Melissa Wiygul, aunt of the bride, and Charlotte McKey were the wedding coordinators.
Musicians for the ceremony were Donald Smith, organ, Mike Scarlatto and Joey Castrogiovanni, trumpets, and Robert Freeman, euphonium.
The reception was held at The Silver Lake Ballroom in downtown Shreveport. Chuck Ashley of Shreveport provided the decorations and Linda Peevy of Jonesboro catered the event. Charlotte McKey and Sue Young served the bride's cake and Mitzi Hackenburg and Kitty Brobst served the groom's cake.
Entertainment was provided by the Bill Causey Band.
The bride is a graduate of West Monroe High School and Northwestern State University with a degree in Accounting. She is employed at KPMG in Shreveport.
The groom is a graduate of Captain Shreve High School and Northwestern State University with a degree in Music Education. He is the band director at Cope Middle School in Bossier City.
Following their honeymoon trip to Italy, the couple will make their home in Bossier City.
The couple was honored with several parties before their marriage. A Honey-Do shower was given March 7 by Dr. Julie Holmes at her home in Ruston.
A tea shower honoring the bride was held at the home of Mrs. Roye Leshe on March 16. Hostesses were Mrs. Ryan Austin, Mrs. Kevin Bayles, Mrs. Abram Calhoun, Mrs. Ronnie Davidson, Ms. Sonja Dillingham, Mrs. William Guyton, Mrs. Everett Harris, Mrs. Larry Holzer, Jr., Mrs. Joe Kelly, Mrs. Roye Leshe, Mrs. Gary Rankin, Mrs. Arthur Robinson, Mrs. Mitchell Sumrall and Ms. Wanda Thrower.
A lingerie shower was hosted by Janyce Rawls and Charlotte McKey at Charlotte's home on April 5. A bachelorette party, hosted by Janyce, was the same evening.
A recipe, kitchen and picnic shower was held on April 19 at the Alumni Center on the campus of ULM. Hostesses were Mrs. Doyle Parker, Mrs. Cyril Leonard and Mrs. Gary Wiygul.
A couple's barbeque and miscellaneous shower was held at the home of Ms. Joanna Greer in Bossier City on April 26.
The faculty of Cope Middle School hosted a tool shower on April 30.
Mr. and Mrs. Bill Causey Jr. hosted a rehearsal dinner for the couple, the wedding party and out-of-town guests on May 2 at Celebrations on Cross Lake.