Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Cofer applies for ULS presidency
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- May 31st, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- May 30th, 2008 (Friday) - 2 articles
- May 29th, 2008 (Thursday) - 12 articles
- May 28th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- May 27th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- May 26th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- May 25th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- May 24th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- May 22nd, 2008 (Thursday) - 18 articles
- May 21st, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- May 20th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- May 18th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- May 17th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- May 16th, 2008 (Friday) - 10 articles
- May 15th, 2008 (Thursday) - 3 articles
- May 14th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- May 13th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- May 11th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- May 10th, 2008 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- May 9th, 2008 (Friday) - 2 articles
- May 8th, 2008 (Thursday) - 3 articles
- May 7th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 22 articles
- May 6th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- May 5th, 2008 (Monday) - 2 articles
- May 4th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- May 3rd, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- May 2nd, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- May 1st, 2008 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Cofer applies for ULS presidency|
University of Louisiana-Monroe president Dr. James Cofer announced Friday that he will seek the presidential position for the University of Louisiana System.
Cofer joins eight other candidates.
The advisory committee selected to assist in the search for a new UL System president will hold its first meeting 1 p.m. Monday, May 12 in Baton Rouge.
UL System board chair Elsie Burkhalter leads that eight-member search committee that will make the final recommendation. The advisory committee plans to submit its candidate recommendations to the search committee at a meeting on May 30.
UL System president Sally Clausen will take over as the next commissioner of higher education with the Louisiana Board of Regents at the end of June.
The other eight candidates for the UL System president include:
Michael Bestul - vice president, information and technology and chief information officer for Fairmont State University in West Virginia.
Dr. Jerome Greene Jr. - coordinator, graduate program in rural public policy for Mississippi Valley State University.
Tito Guerrero III - vice president and associate provost for diversity and professor of education for Texas A&M University.
Juanita Johnson - instructor, business administration and information technology for ITI Technical College in Baton Rouge.
Michael Moffett - president of Southeastern Louisiana University.
Dr. Kim Hunter Reed - executive vice president for the UL System.
Dr. Gary Stroud - division chair, undergraduate business studies and program chair, human resource management for Franklin State University in Columbus, Ohio.
Dr. Ronald J. White - senior fellow, division of space life sciences, University Space Research Association, Center for Advanced Space Studies in Houston.
The UL System is the larges university system in Louisiana. It enrolls approximately 80,000 students at eight universities.