Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Third annual 'Wine Over Water' slated for May 22
- 2013 - 961 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- May 31st, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- May 30th, 2008 (Friday) - 2 articles
- May 29th, 2008 (Thursday) - 12 articles
- May 28th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- May 27th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- May 26th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- May 25th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- May 24th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- May 22nd, 2008 (Thursday) - 18 articles
- May 21st, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- May 20th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- May 18th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- May 17th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- May 16th, 2008 (Friday) - 10 articles
- May 15th, 2008 (Thursday) - 3 articles
- May 14th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- May 13th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- May 11th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- May 10th, 2008 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- May 9th, 2008 (Friday) - 2 articles
- May 8th, 2008 (Thursday) - 3 articles
- May 7th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 22 articles
- May 6th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- May 5th, 2008 (Monday) - 2 articles
- May 4th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- May 3rd, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- May 2nd, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- May 1st, 2008 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Third annual 'Wine Over Water' slated for May 22|
Event raises money for ULM scholarships
The third annual "Wine Over Water" will be held at Bayou DeSiard bridge at the University of Louisiana-Monroe's campus from 7-10 p.m. Thursday, May 22.
Event participants will have the opportunity to stroll across the ULM bridge spanning the bayou near the library while sampling wine and hors d'oeuvres from various local restaurants.
Wine lovers also will be entertained by Dr. Zarr's Amazing Funk Monster, while cruising Bayou DeSiard on party barges compliments of Letsinger Marine.
Tania Simpson, president of the ULM Alumni Ouachita Parish Chapter, said the fundraiser has grown each year and now has become the university's signature event. Proceeds benefit ULM scholarship funds.
"Nothing else like this exists in the community that embraces so many different kinds of people, that generally impacts the community, and that's so much fun," Simpson said.
About 300 people attended the event the first year it was held, and the university raised $11,000 for scholarship funds. Last year, more than 800 participated and raised $10,000.
The university expects more than 1,000 will attend this year's "Wine Over Water."
"The growth of 'Wine Over Water' has been amazing to witness from an initial attendance of 300 to more than 800 last year," Simpson said. "As the third annual Wine Over Water' approaches, it's already an award-winning event, being named the Alumni Special Events Award Recipient from the 2007 Council for the Advancement and Support of Education," Simpson said.
" 'Wine Over Water' is the kind of event that everyone has a reason to be there. It's fun for everybody, it's got plenty of food and it's relaxing. Plus, it's all about raising money to help educate people. To actively become a part of providing an education to this community through Wine Over Water scholarship funds means that we are giving a gift to others that no one can ever take away from them."
New this year will be an online auction that can be viewed from now until May 19 at www.tizm.com.
Auction packages include a guided duck hunt for two, day of beauty and gift basket, private karaoke party, dental laser whitening, spa and body care package, a child's birthday party, a By Land or By Sea package, a wardrobe upgrade, private tailgate party and a New Orleans weekend getaway.
Before the signature event, a patron party will be held beginning at 6 p.m. on the seventh floor of the ULM library.
Patron attendees will enjoy specialties exclusively by Aramark and party barge cruises, including a complimentary cocktail hour.
Local restaurants that will serve food during Wine Over Water include Aramark, Catfish Cabin, Copeland's of New Orleans, Cormier's, Dan's BBQ, Dilla's, Moe's, Not Just Pie, Pie Works, Portico, Restaurant Sage, Shoney's, Sports City Grill, The Brandy House, The Kitchen, The Warehouse, Thurman's, Vieux Carre Gourmet and Waterfront Grill.
More than 15 wines will be provided by Glazer's and beverages will be provided by Marsala Beverage and Coca-Cola.
Tickets can be purchased at the ULM Alumni Center for $50 per person.
"Wine Over Water" commemorative wine glasses also may be purchased at the event for $10.
To become a sponsor or for more information, call the ULM Alumni Center at 342-5420 or 866-WARHAWK.