Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Kennedy, Welsh exchange wedding vows
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- April 30th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 7 articles
- April 29th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 28th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- April 27th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- April 25th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- April 24th, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- April 23rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- April 22nd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- April 20th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- April 18th, 2008 (Friday) - 2 articles
- April 17th, 2008 (Thursday) - 18 articles
- April 16th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- April 15th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 14th, 2008 (Monday) - 2 articles
- April 13th, 2008 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- April 11th, 2008 (Friday) - 8 articles
- April 10th, 2008 (Thursday) - 4 articles
- April 9th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- April 8th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 7th, 2008 (Monday) - 2 articles
- April 6th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- April 5th, 2008 (Saturday) - 4 articles
- April 3rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 19 articles
- April 2nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- April 1st, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Kennedy, Welsh exchange wedding vows|
Rachel Lee Kennedy and Andrew Dan Welsh were united in matrimony, at 6 p.m. Saturday, April 19, at at Grace Episcopal Church in Monroe. The Rev. Canon Gregg Riley performed the double-ring ceremony.
The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. David Kennedy of Monroe. She is the granddaughter of Birdie Fragala and the late Frank S. Fragala of Monroe and Myra Kennedy and the late James L. Kennedy of Sinton, Texas. Rachel is a graduate of Neville High School in Monroe. She graduated from Auburn University in Auburn, Ala. in December with a Bachelor of Industrial Design. While at Auburn, she was a member of Phi Mu sorority.
The groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Charles M. Welsh of Duluth, Ga. He is the grandson of the late Elizabeth Petrides of Chicago, Ill. and the late John W. Hellgeth of Chicago, Ill. and the late Charles E. and Marjorie Welsh of Meadville, Penn. Andrew is a graduate of Chattahoochee High School in Alpharetta, Ga. He graduated from Auburn University in Auburn, Ala. with Bachelor of Finance. While at Auburn, he was member of Sigma Chi fraternity.
Given in marriage by her parents and escorted by her father, the bride wore her mother's redesigned candlelight silk chiffon and alencon lace dress delicately beaded with myriad tiny seed and oval pearls. The fitted bodice was highlighted with custom beading on the alencon lace and featured a sweetheart neckline. The full ball-gown style skirt extended into a cathedral length train. The skirt and train were edged with custom beaded appliques of alencon lace.
The bride also wore her mother's full-length veil of imported candlelight silk illusion. The pearl studded cathedral length veil was attached to a comb wrapped with the remnants of alencon lace from her mother's dress and was also custom beaded. In her hair, the bride wore her maternal grandmother's pearl studded hairpins. The bride carried a fresh clutch bouquet of white hydrangea, interspersed with peach tulips, white ranuclus, and sweet pea wrapped in her paternal grandmother's blue handkerchief and tied with sable satin ribbon.
Maid of honor was Megan Potts of Clinton, Miss. Bridesmaids were Emily Husted of Baton Rouge; Alicia Oravet of Auburn, Ala.; cousins of the bride, Amanda Williams of Shreveport, and Sarah Williams of Shreveport. The attendants wore sable tissue-taffeta tea length dresses with a front and back V-neck and a pleated cummerbund with a back tie. They carried a varied posies of white hydrangea, peach tulips and white ranuclus.
Kylie Fragala, cousin of the bride, of Marietta, Ga. was the flower girl. She wore a jewel neckline bodice of ivory duiponi silk and an ivory satin skirt with an ivory tulle overlay, made by her grandmother, adorned with a sable satin sash.
Best men were Charles M. Welsh of Duluth, Ga. and Robbie Robinson of Mobile, Ala. Groomsmen were the brother of the bride, Michael Kennedy of Auburn, Ala.; brother of the groom, Matthew Neal of Fort Lauderdale, Fla.; and Trey Sanders of Covington, Ga.
Cole Roberts, nephew of the groom, of Duluth, Ga. served as the ring bearer.
Music was provided by organist Dr. Rick Seiler and vocalist Amanda Reeves.
Following the ceremony, the couple was honored with a reception at the Lotus Club in Monroe. Music at the reception was provided by Hands On.
After a honeymoon in Florida, Andrew and Rachel will make their home in Roswell, Ga.