Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Softball playoff games under way
- 2013 - 844 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- April 30th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 7 articles
- April 29th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 28th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- April 27th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- April 25th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- April 24th, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- April 23rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- April 22nd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- April 20th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- April 18th, 2008 (Friday) - 2 articles
- April 17th, 2008 (Thursday) - 18 articles
- April 16th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- April 15th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 14th, 2008 (Monday) - 2 articles
- April 13th, 2008 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- April 11th, 2008 (Friday) - 8 articles
- April 10th, 2008 (Thursday) - 4 articles
- April 9th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- April 8th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 7th, 2008 (Monday) - 2 articles
- April 6th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- April 5th, 2008 (Saturday) - 4 articles
- April 3rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 19 articles
- April 2nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- April 1st, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Softball playoff games under way|
Brooke Lassiter hit a three-run home run Tuesday night to help ignite the No. 13 seed West Monroe Lady Rebels and propel them to a 9-7 5A first round playoff victory over No. 19 seed Airline.
With the win, the Lady Rebels will travel to No. 4 seed Pineville, which was a 9-7 winner over Natchitoches Central Tuesday. The game will probably be played on Friday.
In other playoff action, the Neville Lady Tigers defeated No. 24 seed Morgan City by a 7-3 margin.
Neville is a No. 4 seed in Class 4A and will face No. 8 seed Teurlings in Lafayette in the regional round.
The No. 2 seed West Ouachita Lady Chiefs advanced to the regional round with a 17-0 whipping of No. 31 seed John McDonogh Tuesday.
West Ouachita will remain at home to face No. 16 seed Zachary at 4 p.m., Friday.
In Class 2A, Sterlington was a 5-0 winner over No. 22 seed Jonesboro-Hodge.
Sterlington's next game will be at No. 6 seed South Beauregard at 5 p.m., Friday. South Beauregard defeated Many, 10-0.
In Class 1A, No. 4 seed Ouachita Christian School defeated No. 29 seed Montgomery, 15-1.
OCS will remain at home to face No. 13 seed Hanson, which was a 4-3 winner over No. 20 seed Oak Grove.
West Monroe 9,
The Lady Rebels got behind early in the game by a 7-1 margin. Airline scored four runs in the top of the fourth inning and added three more in the top of the fifth.
West Monroe came storming back in the bottom of the fifth with four runs, including the Lassiter home run. Summer Pate had a double and Whitney Moore a single. Katelyn Harbet reached on an error.
In the sixth, Sidney Williams doubled and later scored on a wild pitch.
Harbet had a triple. Moore was the starter, but she was relieved by Savannah Dollar, who got credit for the win.
"I felt like early on we didn't execute," said West Monroe coach Amy Daigle. ""We didn't score and they did. It was a great comeback."
Other leading hitters included Devin Mitchell with a triple, and Tiffany Robinson with a double.
West Ouachita 17, John McDonogh 0
The West Ouachita Lady Chiefs will advance to the regional round to face Zachary at 4 p.m., Friday at home.
Brooke Parker led the Lady Chiefs with a triple and Courtney Hancock had a double.
Samantha Hamby was the starter and winning pitcher for the Lady Chiefs.
The OCS Lady Eagles will also stay at home for their regional round game
The Lady Eagles scored 14 of their 15 runs in the bottom of the first inning.
OCS first-year coach Jim Mosher did not know when his next game would be, but it will be at home against Hanson.
Neville 7, Morgan City 3
Leading hitters for the Neville Lady Tigers were Jannice Johnson with a triple and Katie Elkins with a double.
Winning pitcher was Kaitlin Taylor.
Sterlington 5, Jonesboro-Hodge 0
Devin Reese pitched the shutout as Sterlington advanced to the next round with the win over Jonesboro-Hodge.
No other details were available on this contest.
St. Mary's 8, St. Frederick 0
No. 14 seed St. Mary's defeated No. 19 seed St. Frederick Lady Warriors to end the Lady Warriors season.
"We made some critical mistakes at a bad time," said St. Frederick coach Kip Davis. "We dropped the ball a couple of times and that opened the gate for them to score four runs."
The Lady Warriors finished the season with a 9-7-1 record.