Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Warriors, Eagles in showdown
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- April 30th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 7 articles
- April 29th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 28th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- April 27th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- April 25th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- April 24th, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- April 23rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- April 22nd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- April 20th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- April 18th, 2008 (Friday) - 2 articles
- April 17th, 2008 (Thursday) - 18 articles
- April 16th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- April 15th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 14th, 2008 (Monday) - 2 articles
- April 13th, 2008 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- April 11th, 2008 (Friday) - 8 articles
- April 10th, 2008 (Thursday) - 4 articles
- April 9th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- April 8th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 7th, 2008 (Monday) - 2 articles
- April 6th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- April 5th, 2008 (Saturday) - 4 articles
- April 3rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 19 articles
- April 2nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- April 1st, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Warriors, Eagles in showdown|
The Ouachita Christian School Eagles and the St. Frederick Warriors will meet on the playing field for yet another time, only this time the stakes are a little bit higher than usual.
"We don't usually catch OCS in a district game," said St. Frederick coach Paul Guerriero. "So this is a big game for us."
The Warriors are currently leading the District 2-1A pack with a 7-1 record with two games left.
The Eagles are unbeaten at 6-0 with the one game remaining.
OCS is no stranger to district title opportunities.
They have, in fact, won district titles repeatedly since 1985.
In fact, there have been only two times when the Eagles have not won the title, in 1989 and 2001.
The Eagles have won three state championships and almost a fourth.
In 2004, a controversial play at the plate in the bottom half of the seventh inning stopped the Eagles bid for a state crown.
The Warriors, meanwhile, have steadily improved since Guerriero took over the program four years ago.
They have made the playoffs three of the last four years since then, advancing to the second round only to lose to Evangel last season.
The Eagles owe much of their success to longtime coach Micah Harper, who has been at the helm since 1980.
"This time of year a lot of teams play well," said Harper. "We just have to be ready to play."
The Eagles defeated Cedar Creek the last time out by a 12-8 margin.
Now, however, the concern is against St. Frederick.
"Cedar Creek did a lot better this time than the last time they played us," Harper said. "They forced us to make plays and they were more ready."
Harper said Cade Bowen would probably get the nod on the mound against the Warriors on Monday.
"Bowen is throwing really well right now," Harper said. "His earned run average is 1.00, but he gave up eight runs against Cedar Creek."
Both St. Frederick and OCS have beaten Cedar Creek already this season.
The Warriors defeated Grambling in a district game by a 12-1 margin last week.
The Warriors have non-district contests against Oak Grove and Forest after the OCS game Monday to close out the season.
The seeding meeting to determine playoff positions for the first round will be held in Alexandria April 22, with first round action probably starting the following Thursday or Friday, April 24-25.