Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: 'March for Babies' event nears
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- April 30th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 7 articles
- April 29th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 28th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- April 27th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- April 25th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- April 24th, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- April 23rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- April 22nd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- April 20th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- April 18th, 2008 (Friday) - 2 articles
- April 17th, 2008 (Thursday) - 18 articles
- April 16th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- April 15th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 14th, 2008 (Monday) - 2 articles
- April 13th, 2008 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- April 11th, 2008 (Friday) - 8 articles
- April 10th, 2008 (Thursday) - 4 articles
- April 9th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- April 8th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 7th, 2008 (Monday) - 2 articles
- April 6th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- April 5th, 2008 (Saturday) - 4 articles
- April 3rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 19 articles
- April 2nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- April 1st, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|'March for Babies' event nears|
The March of Dimes' March for Babies is set for May 3 at Forsythe Park with a goal of raising more than $70,000 for maternal and infant health.
Registration for the event will begin at 8 a.m. and the walk will start at 9 a.m.
More than 500 people are expected to participate in the walk this year. The route will be different from previous years as it will take place along the river and not in heavily-traveled areas.
"The March of Dimes is working for the day that every baby born will be healthy," said Lori Shannon, the March for Babies chairman. "Prematurity is a major problem in our area. One in four babies born here is premature. That is the highest percentage in the nation."
Shannon said the money raised in March for Babies will be used to educate mothers in pre-natal care, provide training for medical professionals and to fund grants to local health agencies to further provide prenatal care and counseling.
Shannon said participants will have a birthday celebration in honor of all babies immediately after the March and enjoy grilled hot dogs, pizza and ice cream and cake.
The March for Babies in Ruston will be held April 26 at Toliver Hall on the campus of Louisiana Tech University. Registration for that walk will be at 8 a.m. The walk will begin at 9 a.m.
Following the Ruston walk, participants will hold a birthday celebration with food provided by World of Wings.
Shannon said there are opportunities for a company, family or individual to get involved to help raise money for both events.
"This year, we are adding a new area to the March route," Shannon said. "We will have an 'ambassador alley,' which will feature poster size pictures of children – both premmies and healthy children."
A parent or grandparent can sponsor the picture by providing the picture to be used and making a $50 donation to the March of Dimes. Ambassador Alley will be featured at both March for Babies events in northeast Louisiana.
For more information, contact the March of Dimes office at 387-3650.