Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: State police, WMPD host 'bike rodeo'
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- April 30th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 7 articles
- April 29th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 28th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- April 27th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- April 25th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- April 24th, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- April 23rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- April 22nd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- April 20th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- April 18th, 2008 (Friday) - 2 articles
- April 17th, 2008 (Thursday) - 18 articles
- April 16th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- April 15th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 14th, 2008 (Monday) - 2 articles
- April 13th, 2008 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- April 11th, 2008 (Friday) - 8 articles
- April 10th, 2008 (Thursday) - 4 articles
- April 9th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- April 8th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 7th, 2008 (Monday) - 2 articles
- April 6th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- April 5th, 2008 (Saturday) - 4 articles
- April 3rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 19 articles
- April 2nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- April 1st, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|State police, WMPD host 'bike rodeo'|
The West Monroe Police Department will team up with the Louisiana State Police in hosting a "bike rodeo" in West Monroe from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, April 5.
The event will be held at Academy Sports.
All area residents interested in learning more about bicycle safety are invited to attend. Both police agencies encourage children ages 5 to 14 to participate.
Studies have shown that up to 85 percent of serious head injuries sustained in bike crashes could have been prevented by properly wearing a bicycle helmet, according to State Trooper Mark Dennis.
State Police joined the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development and the Safe Routes to Schools program to provide bicycle training Saturday.
Approximately 9,000 bicycle helmets will be distributed statewide along with training materials.
"The overall objective of the program is to promote a healthy, active lifestyle and to encourage children to walk or ride a bike to school whenever they can," Dennis said.
During Saturday's event, troopers and West Monroe police will be on hand to offer bicycle safety tips and training for all who attend. Troopers also will give free bicycle helmets to all who qualify. Participants are encouraged to bring their bicycles to take part in a short training course. (Bicycles are not necessary to attend the event).
Refreshments will be available.
The two agencies also will hold a raffle to give away four bicycles, which were donated by Academy Sports.
Local businesses or organizations that want to host similar events in the future are asked to contact Trooper Dennis at 345-2810, or email him at Mark.Dennis@dps.la.gov.