Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: OCS draws first blood
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- March 31st, 2008 (Monday) - 4 articles
- March 30th, 2008 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- March 29th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- March 27th, 2008 (Thursday) - 1 articles
- March 26th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 29 articles
- March 25th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- March 24th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- March 20th, 2008 (Thursday) - 8 articles
- March 19th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- March 18th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 13th, 2008 (Thursday) - 12 articles
- March 12th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 17 articles
- March 11th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 7th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- March 6th, 2008 (Thursday) - 13 articles
- March 5th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- March 4th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 3rd, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|OCS draws first blood|
Jacob Slade drove in three runs in the bottom of the sixth inning to help ignite the Ouachita Christian School Eagles and give them a 5-1 victory over the St. Frederick Warriors in the first of two meetings in District 2-1A.
Up until the sixth inning, the game had been a pitcher's duel between OCS starter Cade Bowen and Warrior hurler Zack Lazzuso.
"Bowen did a pretty good job," said OCS coach Micah Harper. "He threw a one-hitter and allowed only one run. Lazzuso made some clutch pitches early. This win puts us in good position. We still have to play Cedar Creek again and Grambling on Monday. So we're in good shape."
St. Frederick struck first, scoring one run in the top of the second innning.
Brandon Henderson reached base on an error and later scored when Landon Williams singled.
OCS (12-2, 4-0) didn't score until the bottom of the fifth.
Matt Kennedy doubled and later advanced to third. Slade hit a sacrifice fly to deep center field, which drove in Kennedy.
The Warriors (10-10, 5-1) had a baserunner in the top of the sixth when Lazzuso reached on an error, but weren't able to take advantage of it.
In the bottom half of the inning, the Eagles pretty well took care of things.
Hunter Breed started off the inning with a single, Taylor Dawson was hit by a pitch and Hayden Robinson singled, scoring Breed.
Slade's double to deep center cleared the bases.
Matt Kennedy drew a walk and John Clay Reeves singled, scoring Breed.
Slade's double cleared the bases.
Bowen retired the side in order in the top of the seventh to clinch the win for OCS.
The Eagles and the Warriors will tangle again April 14.