Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Programs for youth scheduled
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- March 31st, 2008 (Monday) - 4 articles
- March 30th, 2008 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- March 29th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- March 27th, 2008 (Thursday) - 1 articles
- March 26th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 29 articles
- March 25th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- March 24th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- March 20th, 2008 (Thursday) - 8 articles
- March 19th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- March 18th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 13th, 2008 (Thursday) - 12 articles
- March 12th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 17 articles
- March 11th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 7th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- March 6th, 2008 (Thursday) - 13 articles
- March 5th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- March 4th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 3rd, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Programs for youth scheduled|
The West Monroe Community Center will provide teen summer employment and job readiness training on several occasions next month.
Local teens ages 16-18 can participate in the free, three-day training program, which will help them improve their chances of securing a summer job.
Applications are now being accepted at the West Monroe Community Center.
Each day's training will be held at the community center from 3:30-6 p.m.
The dates are April 15-17, and April 22-24.
Students can pick which week to attend, but to complete the training and to be eligible to interview with local businesses, each teen must sign up in advance and attend the Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday sessions.
Following completion of the training program, teens will have interviews set up with possible employers from April 28 to May 2.
The deadline to sign up for the program is April 10.
Applications also are being accepted for the community center's summer camps which will begin June 2 at the center and at Riser School.
This year, the summer camps will focus on the environment and how young people can make a positive impact on it.
They'll have the chance to study wildlife and their habitants, plant a garden and learn more about their environment and how they can improve it.
For more information about the summer camps, call the community center at 387-4001.
Also, from 10 a.m. to noon Thursday, April 10, a town hall meeting will be held at the West Monroe Convention Center to discuss how the community can reduce alcohol consumption by youth. Local public officials from throughout Ouachita Parish and community residents are encouraged to attend. The event is sponsored by the Northeast Louisiana Children's Coalition. For more information, call the Children's Coalition at 323-8775.