Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Biedenharn offers bonsai workshops
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- March 31st, 2008 (Monday) - 4 articles
- March 30th, 2008 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- March 29th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- March 27th, 2008 (Thursday) - 1 articles
- March 26th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 29 articles
- March 25th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- March 24th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- March 20th, 2008 (Thursday) - 8 articles
- March 19th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- March 18th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 13th, 2008 (Thursday) - 12 articles
- March 12th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 17 articles
- March 11th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 7th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- March 6th, 2008 (Thursday) - 13 articles
- March 5th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- March 4th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 3rd, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Biedenharn offers bonsai workshops|
The Biedenharn Museum and Gardens will be transformed into a bonsai garden, courtesy of the Shreveport Bonsai Society, on Saturday, April 5.
A bonsai exhibit and two workshops will be offered as part of the event.
The exhibit will feature a wide variety of bonsai specimens, including Japanese Black Pine, Chinese Elm, Japanese Maple, Shimpaku Juniper, Fukien Tea and Buttonwood.
The bonsai garden will be on display in the Fountain Room of the Biedenharn Home from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at no cost to visitors.
A Juniper Bonsai workshop for adults will be offered from 10 a.m.-noon. Designed for beginners, participants will learn everything necessary to properly care for and maintain their very own bonsai tree, including the basics of pruning, potting and training.
The trees are of a proven easy-care variety. The roots have been pre-trained so every workshop produces an attractive fast-growing bonsai. All tools and supplies will be provided. Registration is $90 per person.
Shreveport Bonsai Society members will also be offering a workshop for children ages 8 and older from 1-3 p.m. The crash course in bonsai, will cover history, species, style, design, care and other topics. Children will work on their own bonsai under the guidance of the workshop instructor. Parents are encouraged to participate. Everything will be provided, including the tools. Registration is $60 per child.
Each workshop is limited to 10 persons. Pre-registration is required.
Biedenharn Museum and Gardens is located at 2006 Riverside Drive in Monroe. For information or to register, cal 387-5281.