Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Zoo hosts annual Easter Eggstravaganza
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- March 31st, 2008 (Monday) - 4 articles
- March 30th, 2008 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- March 29th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- March 27th, 2008 (Thursday) - 1 articles
- March 26th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 29 articles
- March 25th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- March 24th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- March 20th, 2008 (Thursday) - 8 articles
- March 19th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- March 18th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 13th, 2008 (Thursday) - 12 articles
- March 12th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 17 articles
- March 11th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 7th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- March 6th, 2008 (Thursday) - 13 articles
- March 5th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- March 4th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 3rd, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Zoo hosts annual Easter Eggstravaganza|
The Louisiana Purchase Zoological Society will hold its Easter Eggstravaganza Saturday, March 22, at the Louisiana Purchase Gardens and Zoo.
The event will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The Zoological Society and The Radio People will place more than 20,000 plastic eggs, each with a prize inside, around the zoo pavilion area for the hunts. Since this is a fund-raiser for the zoo, a special admission price of $5 for all ages will be charged, with children ages 2 and under admitted free.
Zoo Society coordinator Donna Nash said the zoo will open the gates at 10 a.m., and hunts begin at 11 a.m. for children 2 and under.
Next will be hunts for ages 3 to 5 beginning at 11:30 a.m., ages 6 to 8 at noon and ages 9 to 10 at 12:30 p.m.
The children will also be able to meet the Easter Bunny.
"We invite everyone to come enjoy the Easter Eggstravaganza and have a great day with the family at northeast Louisiana's premier family attraction. The Zoo Society and The Radio People are to be commended for their outstanding service to the city and the zoo. They are truly Monroe Proud," Mayor Jamie Mayo said.
Director of community affairs Johnny Riley said, "The zoo staff is working hard to make the Easter Eggstravaganza a success as it has been for many years. The Radio People do a great job in partnering with the Zoo Society for this event that emphasizes quality time with the family."
The Louisiana Purchase Zoological Society is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting the zoo with fund-raising activities, projects, exhibits and outreach efforts.