Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Rebels open district
- 2013 - 802 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- March 31st, 2008 (Monday) - 4 articles
- March 30th, 2008 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- March 29th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- March 27th, 2008 (Thursday) - 1 articles
- March 26th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 29 articles
- March 25th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- March 24th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- March 20th, 2008 (Thursday) - 8 articles
- March 19th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- March 18th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 13th, 2008 (Thursday) - 12 articles
- March 12th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 17 articles
- March 11th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 7th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- March 6th, 2008 (Thursday) - 13 articles
- March 5th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- March 4th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 3rd, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Rebels open district|
The West Monroe Rebels, fresh off a weekend tournament where they won 3-of-4 games, are in good position to start the District 2-5A season, a season in which a new format will be unveiled.
With only four teams in the district, the coaches developed a schedule which would be competitive and helpful at the same time.
The four-team district of the Rebels, Ruston, Ouachita and Natchitoches Central will play each other five times to determine the district champion.
The format will give the district a clear path to the district title and the playoffs.
"This is something new," said West Monroe head coach Mark Sims. "We've got to get the district games in."
Teams will be seeded at the end of the season prior to the start of the playoffs with a vote of the coaches in each classification (1A-5A and B-C).
"It ought to be interesting," Sims said about the playoff system.
Last season, the Rebels advanced to the 5A-state championship game before falling to Jesuit by a 4-2 margin.
"We're playing pretty good right now," Sims said. "We've just come off a tournament where we won 3-of-4."
The Rebels begin the district play with a 3-game series against Ruston on Tuesday.
They play Natchitoches Central for three games beginning April 1, then take on Ouachita for three games beginning April 6.
The last game before the playoffs is against Ouachita on Thursday, April 24.