Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: McDonald hits golf links hard
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- March 31st, 2008 (Monday) - 4 articles
- March 30th, 2008 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- March 29th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- March 27th, 2008 (Thursday) - 1 articles
- March 26th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 29 articles
- March 25th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- March 24th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- March 20th, 2008 (Thursday) - 8 articles
- March 19th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- March 18th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 13th, 2008 (Thursday) - 12 articles
- March 12th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 17 articles
- March 11th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 7th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- March 6th, 2008 (Thursday) - 13 articles
- March 5th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- March 4th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 3rd, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|McDonald hits golf links hard|
Tanner McDonald already shoots rounds most golfers strive to shoot, and he's still in high school.
Considering Tiger Woods started playing when he was two and a half, this really isn't surprising.
McDonald, a sophomore at Ouachita Christian School, will play in one of the most prestigious amateur tournaments in the United States the Arrowhead Junior Masters, set to take place later this month.
The last time McDonald played in one of the events, he shot a 66 according to tournament director.
"He's just great," said OCS coach Brandon Culp. "He placed second in the last tournament he played in with an eagle on the last hole to finish with a round of 73."
McDonald also plays on the school team.
"He's our best player," Culp said.
McDonald will play in the Junior Masters tournament March 29-30 at the Santa Maria Golf Club in Baton Rouge. The junior masters tournament coincides with the professional Masters Tournament which is held in Augusta, Ga. in April.
Amateur junior golfers from around the nation will join McDonald for this two-day tournament.
Enjoying the game of golf for as long as he can remember, McDonald started playing golf when he was about seven years old.
"I used to play with my dad," he said. "He bought some clubs for me when I was six or seven. But then I started beating him and my dad quit."
McDonald said it all started to come together for him last year.
He shot a 66 about a year ago, but he said he plays to a one or two handicap.
He has been playing in the Junior Masters program for four years. He usually is at the
Bayou DeSaird Country Club, but he plays some at Frenchman's Bend as well.
The toughest golf courses he has played on has been Koasati Pines in Kinder, and the new Black Bear course near Delhi.
McDonald's lowest nine hole round of golf in his career is a 36 at Chennault Park and another low round of 73 at D'Arbonne Country Club near Farmerville.