Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Tourney brings out best
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- March 31st, 2008 (Monday) - 4 articles
- March 30th, 2008 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- March 29th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- March 27th, 2008 (Thursday) - 1 articles
- March 26th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 29 articles
- March 25th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- March 24th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- March 20th, 2008 (Thursday) - 8 articles
- March 19th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- March 18th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 13th, 2008 (Thursday) - 12 articles
- March 12th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 17 articles
- March 11th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 7th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- March 6th, 2008 (Thursday) - 13 articles
- March 5th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- March 4th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 3rd, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Tourney brings out best|
The West Ouachita Chiefs have three more tournaments to play in this month after sweeping four teams in the annual Bayou Classic this past weekend.
"I was real pleased with the way we played this weekend," said West Ouachita Head Coach Mitch Thomas. "We had to fight back to win one game."
The Chiefs will go to Walker this weekend as well as Zachary to participate in both of those tournaments and then go to Neville to participate in a tournament there.
In tournament action this past weekend, the Chiefs defeated Southwood 6-2, Thibodaux 10-0, DeRidder 21-13 and Walker 5-4.
Bubba Schlessman was the winning pitcher for the Chiefs against DeRidder.
Leading hitters were Chris LaBorde and Kevin Stracener with one home run each. Other hitters included Ron Marsh with two doubles and Andrew Ray, LaBorde, James Auttonberry, Chance Gaston and Jarek Sears all had one double each and Andrew Ray had a triple.
Other big winners in the tournament included the Ouachita Lions, who won three of four contests.
Ouachita defeated Central of Baton Rouge 12-11 in the first contest and lost 11-4 to Hahnville in the second round.
The Lions defeated Eunice 12-3 and closed out the tournament by downing Parkway 12-2.
West Monroe came out of the tournament 2-2.
The Rebels defeated Holy Cross 9-4 and Menard 17-4, but fell to St. Amant 7-6 and Airline 1-0.
"Both Airline and St. Amant had some pretty good pitchers," said West Monroe Head Coach Mark Sims. "We played pretty well overall, but their pitchers were tough."
Neville finished the tournament with a 4-0 record.
Neville (9-1) defeated Captain Shreve 14-4, Denham Springs 9-1, Tioga 5-3 and East Ascension 11-1.
"We played well in all our games," said Neville Head Coach Timothy O'Neal. "We continue to swing the bat well and our starting pitchers did real good going deep in the games."
Neville will go to the Denham Springs Tournament this weekend along with West Ouachita, Hahnville and West Feliciana.