Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Jindal makes Hargrove appointment official
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- February 29th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- Jindal makes Hargrove appointment official
- February 28th, 2008 (Thursday) - 12 articles
- February 27th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- February 26th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- February 25th, 2008 (Monday) - 3 articles
- February 22nd, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 21st, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- February 20th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- February 19th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- February 18th, 2008 (Monday) - 3 articles
- February 15th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 14th, 2008 (Thursday) - 13 articles
- February 13th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- February 12th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- February 8th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 7th, 2008 (Thursday) - 7 articles
- February 6th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- February 5th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- February 4th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- February 1st, 2008 (Friday) - 5 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Jindal makes Hargrove appointment official|
Gov. Bobby Jindal on Friday announced five appointments to the Louisiana Tax Commission, including Paul Hargrove of West Monroe, Belinda B. Hazel of Belle Chasse, James D. "Pete" Peters of Baton Rouge, H. Joseph Vercher, Jr. of Alexandria, and the reappointment of Kenneth P. Naquin of New Orleans. James "Pete" Peters will serve as chair of the commission.
The Ouachita Citizen first reported Hargrove's appointment to the Tax Commission on Feb. 22. At the time, The Ouachita Citizen's report said Hargrove was expected to be appointed to the Tax Commission any day.
The Louisiana Tax Commission administers and enforces all laws related to the state supervision of local property tax assessments and the assessment of public service properties. The commission also measures the level of appraisals or assessments and the degree of uniformity of assessments for each major class and type of property in each parish throughout the state. Members of the commission are appointed by the governor and are subject to senate confirmation.
Hargrove is currently the owner of the Capital Access Group, LLC, a business consulting firm that assists small and start-up businesses. Hargrove previously served in the corporate tax department at CenturyTel for nearly 20 years. He was elected to the Ouachita Police Jury in 2002 and reelected in 2003. He was also appointed to serve as vice chairman of the Louisiana Economic Development Reorganization Task Force in 2001. Additionally, he is a former chairman of the Louisiana Association of Business and Industry's Tax and Finance Council, a former treasurer and board member of the Monroe Chamber of Commerce, and a former member of the Public Affairs Research Council of Louisiana. Hargrove is the current chairman of the Business and Industry Tax Council and a member of the West Monroe West Ouachita Chamber of Commerce. Hargrove has a degree in accounting from Northeast Louisiana University.
Hazel has served as an appraiser and a broker for Belle Chasse Real Estate, Inc. since 1982. Hazel also serves as an advocate for abused and neglected children for Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) in Jefferson Parish. She is a Louisiana Certified General Real Estate Appraiser, an associate member of the Appraisal Institute and a member of the New Orleans Metropolitan Association of Realtors. Hazel has a bachelor's of science from Louisiana State University.
Naquin Jr. has served as a member of the Louisiana Tax Commission representing District 3 since 1990. Naquin served as a deputy assessor in the Orleans Parish Assessor's Office in New Orleans from 1975 to 1990. He has a bachelor's of arts in psychology and counselor education from Nicholls State University.
Peters is currently self-employed in property investment and restorations. Peters is retired from the Louisiana Tax Commission where he served as an administrator from 1996 to 2005. Peters also served at the Louisiana Tax Commission as an appraisal director and a tax commission specialist from 1966 to 1993. From 1966 to 1973, Peters owned and operated A&W drive through restaurants in North Louisiana. He is a veteran of the United States Army and served for six years in the United State Reserve.
Vercher Jr. is currently the owner of Image One Realty, LLC and a co-owner of V&V Builders LLC. Vercher served as an assistant sales tax administrator for the Rapides Parish Sales and Use Tax Department from 1982 to 2007. He is a member of the Louisiana Association of Tax Administrators, a member of the Central Louisiana Board of Realtors, and a former chairman of the Occupational License Committee. Vercher has a bachelor's of science in management from Louisiana College in Pineville and is a Licensed Residential Contractor and a Licensed Louisiana Real Estate Broker.