Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Annual fundraiser benefits Quota work
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- February 29th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 28th, 2008 (Thursday) - 12 articles
- February 27th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- February 26th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- February 25th, 2008 (Monday) - 3 articles
- February 22nd, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 21st, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- February 20th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- February 19th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- February 18th, 2008 (Monday) - 3 articles
- February 15th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 14th, 2008 (Thursday) - 13 articles
- February 13th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- February 12th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- February 8th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 7th, 2008 (Thursday) - 7 articles
- February 6th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- February 5th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- February 4th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- February 1st, 2008 (Friday) - 5 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Annual fundraiser benefits Quota work|
Quota International of Monroe will hold their annual fundraiser "Under the Quota Stars," Friday, March 7, at the West Monroe Convention Center at 901 Ridge Ave., West Monroe.
The evening will begin with a "Golf Ball Drop" at 6 p.m. at Trenton Golf Course and Driving Range at 2411 Trenton St., West Monroe. Tickets will be $5 each or three tickets for $10. At 6:30 p.m., 900 numbered golf balls will be dropped from a large bucket truck and prizes will be awarded of $250 for the ball closest to hole, $100 for a ball closest to a designated spot and $50 for the ball that drops the farthest from the hole.
The "Night of Games" will continue at the convention center from 7-9 p.m. with horse races, car races, pig penning, a liquor walk, a silent auction and a live dessert auction. A flat fee of $5 will be charged to play all of the games.
This casual evening will include heavy appetizers, hors d'oeuvres, beer and wine. Quota International of Monroe holds this fundraiser each year to fund their community projects, which include speech, hearing and community activities. Monroe Quota Club works with the ULM CODI to secure needed equipment for their screenings, provide refurbished hearing aids to those in need and fill the gap between insurance and co-pays for children.
They also partner with Clara Hall School and Sallie Humble School and they help with various community projects such as the Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Ronald McDonald House and Northeast Food Bank.
Tickets are $25 each.
Reservations and tickets may be ordered by contacting Dianne Guillot, chairperson, at 396-6275.