Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Accent plans to hire 150 more employees
- 2013 - 802 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- February 29th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 28th, 2008 (Thursday) - 12 articles
- February 27th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- February 26th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- February 25th, 2008 (Monday) - 3 articles
- February 22nd, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 21st, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- February 20th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- February 19th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- February 18th, 2008 (Monday) - 3 articles
- February 15th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 14th, 2008 (Thursday) - 13 articles
- February 13th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- February 12th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- February 8th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 7th, 2008 (Thursday) - 7 articles
- February 6th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- February 5th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- February 4th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- February 1st, 2008 (Friday) - 5 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Accent plans to hire 150 more employees|
Accent Marketing needs about 150 more employees, and the city of Monroe plans to host a job fair on March 6 to hopefully fill those positions.
Mayor Jamie Mayo was contacted by Accent Marketing recently. He said they needed "150 new employees yesterday."
"They have an urgent need for these employees, which speaks well for what's going on with the current employees who are out there," Mayo said.
Accent Marketing currently has 250 employees. The company has plans to employ some 500 workers in the future.
Accent Marketing began taking calls at its new call center in the old State Farm Building of Interstate 20 on Nov. 6, 2007. The call center reportedly handles more than 700,000 calls per month for Boost Mobile customers.
The job fair to help fill 150 new positions will be held 10 a.m.-7 p.m., Thursday, March 6, at the Monroe Civic Center.
"It will be similar to the one we had at the Holidome," Mayo said. "But the thing we're going to do different this time is prior to March 6, they (Accent) will allow prospects to come in and practice on computers as well as do mock job interviews. Once they go into the job fair, they will be tested on their computer skills and interviews. So we want to do everything we can to help those people strengthen their chances of becoming gainful employees."
The Ouachita Workforce Investment board will offer one-hour training classes Thursday, Feb. 28, and Friday, Feb. 29.
The classes will be held at the Ouachita Workforce Investment Board office, located at 1301 Hudson Ln. in Monroe. The training classes will be offered in 60-minute sessions beginning at 9 a.m., 10 a.m., 11 a.m., 1 p.m., 2 p.m. and 3 p.m.
For more information on the workforce classes, call 362-5111.
Questions in reference to the job fair and position qualifications may be directed to Staffmark via e-mail at email@example.com. Accent can be found online at www.accentonline.com.