Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Magical run ends for Lady Eagles
- 2013 - 962 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- February 29th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 28th, 2008 (Thursday) - 12 articles
- February 27th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- February 26th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- February 25th, 2008 (Monday) - 3 articles
- February 22nd, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 21st, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- February 20th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- February 19th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- February 18th, 2008 (Monday) - 3 articles
- February 15th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 14th, 2008 (Thursday) - 13 articles
- February 13th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- February 12th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- February 8th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 7th, 2008 (Thursday) - 7 articles
- February 6th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- February 5th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- February 4th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- February 1st, 2008 (Friday) - 5 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Magical run ends for Lady Eagles|
HAMMOND--Clock struck midnight Monday for Ouachita Christian as the Lady Eagles' magical run to the Top 28 girl's state tournament ended with a 52-41 loss at the hands of Acadiana Prep.
Julien Joyner led Ouachita Christian (30-6) with 12 points. She had six rebounds, too. Brooke Humphries had eight points to go along with 10 rebounds, three blocks and a pair of steals.
Kierra Senegal and DeKendra LeDoux led the Eagles of Acadiana Prep (23-2) with 14 points a piece.
"I felt really good about how our girls played out there in this game," Ouachita Christian Head Coach Jeremy Shackelford said. "I thought they were very competitive and stayed in the ballgame. You could tell that we were a little nervous in the first quarter; we made some decisions that made us have to play catch-up basketball for the rest of the game.
"But overall I really think that we did a great job. I was really pleased with our girl's performance against a quality Acadiana Prep team."
Briefly leading after Brooke Humphries basket to open the game, Acadiana Prep would take control of the game near the end of the first quarter and into the second as they went on a 10-3 run to grab a 16-9 lead with 7:40 left in the first quarter.
Behind 26-16 coming out of the halftime locker-room, Ouachita Christian would make a game of it as the Lady Eagles went on a 6-0 run midway thought the third to cut the lead down to 30-22. OCS got as close as 34-29 with 47.5 second left in the quarter on Brooke Humphries put-back with 47.5 to go in the third.
That was as close as OCS would get as Acadiana Prep's power and size took command in the fourth quarter en route to the win.
"That was always a huge issue (their size) with our press as well as our half-court trap," Shackelford said. "They were able to throw the ball over the top of our defense and that allowed them to get many easy baskets. There is not a whole lot that we can do about that; we can't grow any bigger.
"There were times when I thought our press did a good job of creating turnovers but we were not able to convert those into easy baskets. I really think that their (Acadiana Prep) size was a big issue. We were not able to really develop our press as much as I would have liked."