Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: OCS faces Merryville
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- February 29th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 28th, 2008 (Thursday) - 12 articles
- February 27th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- February 26th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- February 25th, 2008 (Monday) - 3 articles
- February 22nd, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 21st, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- February 20th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- February 19th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- February 18th, 2008 (Monday) - 3 articles
- February 15th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 14th, 2008 (Thursday) - 13 articles
- February 13th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- February 12th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- February 8th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 7th, 2008 (Thursday) - 7 articles
- February 6th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- February 5th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- February 4th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- February 1st, 2008 (Friday) - 5 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|OCS faces Merryville|
The Ouachita Christian School Eagles will face Merryville in the first round of the Class 1A playoffs at 6:30 p.m. tonight at the OCS gym.
"We're pretty pleased about that," said OCS coach Jeremy Shackelford Tuesday after the meetings were held. "We don't know anything about them yet. That's what we'll have to be doing tonight is finding out about them."
To get in the playoffs, the Lady Eagles had to defeat the St. Frederick Lady Warriors 42-38 for a District 2-1A victory.
They earned a co-championship in the district with the victory.
St. Frederick has drawn the No. 12 seed and will have a home game Thursday night as well. They will host Ringgold at 6 p.m.
"It's always hard to play here," said OCS coach Jeremy Shackelford. "But we did what we had to do to win."
OCS will have to wait until Tuesday to find out who they play in the first round of the state playoffs.
The basketball teams will be seeded then, just as the football teams were in the fall.
OCS split the co-championship with Arcadia, who was also a winner this week.
St. Frederick will also be going to the playoffs. In all, there will be 32 teams in the state playoffs in 1A.
The No. 1 seed team will play the No. 32 seed team, etc.
"We should get a home game," Shackelford said. "But you never know. We'll just have to wait and see."
St. Frederick jumped out to an early 10-8 lead at the end of the first quarter.
The score was tied twice in the first quarter and St. Fred led 14-13 about midway into the second quarter before OCS went on a 12-2 run to close out the first half with a 26-17 advantage.
The closest the Lady Warriors could come was to tie the score at 26-26 about midway through the quarter.
From then on it was all OCS, who took a 33-29 lead at the end of the third quarter.
In the final quarter, OCS pulled ahead for good, and the Lady Warriors just couldn't catch up.
Lindsay Thiels led the Lady Warriors with 18 points.
Next season, the classifications will all go to a power rating system similar to football, Shackelford said.
The districts will still be utilized, but more attention will be paid to overall records.