Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Elections Saturday in Ouachita
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- February 29th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 28th, 2008 (Thursday) - 12 articles
- February 27th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- February 26th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- February 25th, 2008 (Monday) - 3 articles
- February 22nd, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 21st, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- February 20th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- February 19th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- February 18th, 2008 (Monday) - 3 articles
- February 15th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 14th, 2008 (Thursday) - 13 articles
- February 13th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- February 12th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- February 8th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 7th, 2008 (Thursday) - 7 articles
- February 6th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- February 5th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- February 4th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- February 1st, 2008 (Friday) - 5 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Elections Saturday in Ouachita|
Ouachita Parish voting officials said early voting for the mayoral primary election in Monroe was more brisk than four years ago, when incumbent mayor Jamie Mayo last faced re-election.
Polls will open at 7 a.m. Saturday and close at 8 p.m. at precincts around the parish as voters will cast ballots for mayor of Monroe, Monroe City Council seats, as well as for elections in Richwood.
Also, the Democratic and Republican parties will hold their presidential primary elections.
In the race for Monroe mayor, Mayo will face four challengers. They are Jack Buttitta, Tony Little, Ali Moghimi and Clint Thomas.
Candidates in four of five Monroe city council districts are also seeking votes.
In District 1, challenger Spec Lewis will face incumbent Jay Marx, while District 3 voters will decide between former police juror Daryl Berry and incumbent Arthur Gilmore. District 4 voters will decide between city council chairman Red Stevens and challenger Kenneth Wilson.
District 5 councilman Robert Johnson drew four challengers. They are Gary Burton, Verbon Mohammad, Cliff Thomas and Walter DeGrate.
Parishwide, voters registered with the Republican and Democratic parties will cast ballots to help determine their party's nominee for president.
The following candidates will appear on the Republican ballot: Jerry Curry, Daniel Gilbert, Rudy Giuliani, Mike Huckabee, Duncan Hunter, Alan Keyes, John McCain, Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, Tom Tancredo, and Fred Thompson.
Appearing on the Democratic ticket ballot are Joe Biden, Hillary Clinton, Christopher Dodd, John Edwards, Dennis Kucinich, Barack Obama, and Bill Richardson.