Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: St. Francis rates among best in U.S.
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- February 29th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 28th, 2008 (Thursday) - 12 articles
- February 27th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- February 26th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- February 25th, 2008 (Monday) - 3 articles
- February 22nd, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 21st, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- February 20th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- February 19th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- February 18th, 2008 (Monday) - 3 articles
- February 15th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 14th, 2008 (Thursday) - 13 articles
- February 13th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- February 12th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- February 8th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 7th, 2008 (Thursday) - 7 articles
- February 6th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- February 5th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- February 4th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- February 1st, 2008 (Friday) - 5 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|St. Francis rates among best in U.S.|
St. Francis Medical Center is among the nation's top five percent of hospitals, according to an independent study of mortality and complication rates released by HealthGrades.
HealthGrades rates healthcare facilities in the United States.
St. Francis Medical Center received HealthGrade's 2008 distinguished hospital award for clinical excellence based on its quality performance, Scott Shapiro, of HealthGrades, announced late last week.
It was the fifth time in the last six years that St. Francis received the distinction.
According to the HealthGrades study, patients admitted to a hospital that received the award were, on average, 27 percent less likely to face mortality and 5 percent less likely to suffer from a major complication. This year, only 269 of the nation's 4,971 non-federal hospitals received the distinction.
"At St. Francis Medical Center, we have a skillful and dedicated team of clinicians and employees," said Scott Wester, outgoing president and CEO of St. Francis Medical Center. Wester is leaving St. Francis to take the same job at Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center in Baton Rouge.
"It is because of their hard work that our patients and their families receive quality healthcare that is among the best in the nation," Wester said of St. Francis' honor.
Each year, HealthGrades independently analyzes the clinical quality performance of all non-federal hospitals across the country in 27 procedures and diagnoses. All hospitals that participate in the Medicare program were part of the independent study. Hospitals that received the HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence were hospitals that ranked in the top five percent when all 27 individual scores were aggregated into an overall score.