Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Lady Warriors upset OCS in district
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
- January 30th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 24 articles
- January 29th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- January 24th, 2008 (Thursday) - 6 articles
- January 23rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- January 22nd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- January 21st, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- January 18th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- January 17th, 2008 (Thursday) - 5 articles
- January 16th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- January 15th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 12th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- January 10th, 2008 (Thursday) - 6 articles
- January 9th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- January 8th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- January 7th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- January 6th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- January 4th, 2008 (Friday) - 2 articles
- January 3rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 4 articles
- January 2nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- January 1st, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
|Lady Warriors upset OCS in district|
Lindsey Theils scored 29 points to help pace the St. Frederick Lady Warriors to a 49-36 victory over the Ouachita Christian School Lady Eagles in a District 2-1A contest Tuesday night.
"We're pretty happy with this win," said St. Frederick coach Mike Crumpler. "We played hard all the way. We can build on this the rest of the year."
The game started out close, as the Lady Warriors took an 8-6 lead at the end of the first quarter aqnd led 22-15 at the half.
The Lady Warriors led 33-28 at the end of the third quarter.
OCS kept trying to cut into the St. Frederick lead and did so when Chelsea Hum phries hit a field goal to cut the lead to 33-30 at the outset of the final quarter.
The Lady Warriors pulled back out in front on a 7-1 run and OCS never really had a chance after that.
"This makes us all three 4-1," said OCS coach Jeremy Shackelford. "Cedar Creek, St. Fred and us are all tied now."
OCS was led by Julien Joyner with 10 points.
St. Frederick 44
The Eagles won their first District 2-1A contest of the season with this victory over arch-rival St. Frederick.
"I thought the defense played extremely well tonight," said OCS coach Jeff Thomas.
"Especially the way LeVare Davis stepped up. Our press worked well. We didn't have to steal the ball. St. Frederick started out with a 10-5 lead at the end of the first quarter but OCS came back to lead 22-14 at the half.
St. Frederick opened the third quarter with a 3-pointer by LaDarrin Williams which cut the OCS lead to 22-17.
OCS answered with a 6-0 run which gave them a 28-17 advantage midway into the quarter.
The Eagles built up a 20 point advantage a little later in the quarter and had little trouble the rest of the way.
OCS, 1-4 in district play was led by Davis with 20 points. Chris Dupont chipped in 14 total.
St. Frederick was led by Doc Ward with 18 points.
The next OCS game will be at home Friday against Bernice.
The St. Frederick Warriors and Lady Warriors will host Grambling on Friday night and then remain at home Tuesday to take on